• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I have 2 comics in my collection. My first comic from childhood (silver surfer 1) and the church whiz 22. That’s it 

Do you ever have a desire to get back into collecting? 

Or does your line of work take some of the fun out of it?  

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

I have 2 comics in my collection. My first comic from childhood (silver surfer 1) and the church whiz 22. That’s it 

that is a great start...sometimes the collecting bug come back to bite....There is going to be some exceptional material coming to market, especially if we hit a long term economic downturn...best time to make a comeback...good luck

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

Do you ever have a desire to get back into collecting? 

Or does your line of work take some of the fun out of it?  

Always have desire. Don’t have the means post hurricane. 

47 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

that is a great start...sometimes the collecting bug come back to bite....There is going to be some exceptional material coming to market, especially if we hit a long term economic downturn...best time to make a comeback...good luck

Unfortunately my losses from 2018 were 7 figures. I will never recover and there won’t be any comeback I’m afraid. 

Edited by G.A.tor

23 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Unfortunately my losses from 2018 were 7 figures. I will never recover and there won’t be any comeback I’m afraid. 

I felt the same way in 2008. Sold my other copy of Tec 27 coverless cheap. my Cap 1 vg/f cheap 5 copy's of Fantasy 15  FF1's  4 copy's Hulk 1 few copy's  cheap my Action 2 vg 7-10 cheap my other Batman 1's low grade but unrestored half of what they where worth in 2008 just to buy a house here in California. I never got the house and said that was it. I was lucky that the Restored books I had no body really wanted so i got stuck with them. Not 7 figures lost ( sorry abought that ) but  a huge loss to me I am starting to try and get them back.

Edited by woowoo

29 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'm really sorry to hear this. I had no idea. 

A comeback may be hard because of the level of books you owned. But this hobby has allot different angles and hopefully talking about funny books and helping people get them can serve as a distraction from real life. 

16 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I'm more anxious to know if the Frazetta piece (Creepy 4) hits reserve.

I'm doubtful as I personally don't think it's one of his $1m+ pieces, but with Frazetta paintings you just never know whether a high reserve indicates that the fix is in or that the consignor is dreaming.

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
On 11/14/2020 at 12:40 PM, tth2 said:

3:27 pm on Saturday.

Came and went . NO bids. Disappointed.

:sorry: 

I will now accept the consequences for getting my prediction wrong. 

Oh right, there aren't any!