• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I don't understand the appeal of owning a portion of a card or comic...the whole point is to have the physical thing, to be able to hold it and look at it.

I think it is as pure a SPEC buy as possible, just like a share of stock or a widget....I dont think you qualify as a true comic book collectors owning 1/100 of Action 1....I dont really think you care other than what the return is at the end of the day....This is just pure return...plain and simple and just think if they start taking key GA out of the market for this division, look for  GA/SA price increase base upon greed, not  real collector value.

Edited by Mmehdy

12 hours ago, bluechip said:
On 11/15/2020 at 9:19 PM, sfcityduck said:

Phone bidding is a thing.

I know of at least one guy who is planning to bid by carrier pigeon

7 hours ago, woowoo said:

:makepoint: Pigeon are out of Date this is the new 

Well, maybe it just depends on the racing pigeon, as this little gal might just be fast enough to do the job:  :gossip:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-kim-racing-pigeon-sells-record-1-9-million-belgium/

A two-year old female pigeon named New Kim, that will set a new world record price, is seen in Knesselare

Especially since she was just sold for $1.9M which is probably more than what this copy of 'Tec 27 is going to sell for:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :flipbait:

11 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

wow...things to come...speculating a set up.....I hope  GA comics do not turn into fractional shares of stock...

me neither Mitch

We are all grateful for the books we do own but like most we are still wanting to add more into our collections

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Wow.  Thanks.  It’s going to beat the highest CGC pedigreed MC 1 isn’t it ......

Yup. Like you said Ac1 Tec 27 are 1-2 and  kinda on the same level... Ill give Ac1 the win since it was its success that led a year later to another man in tights super hero an the rest is history.  Mc 1 is 3rd but distant still undervalued imho but will never be near these guys. Mc 1 the book that started Marvel! First mutant with Namor. Imperius Rex!

Gotta live Bats and his world friends and foes alike. Tec 27 7.0 will surprise us like I said.  It was undervalued. 1.5million+

1 minute ago, zen514 said:

You did great! I just said over a mil and it could surprise us. Looking at records in all other collectibles... Stock market etc.

I’ll admit I started doubting myself almost immediately haha. Well now I’m excited to see where it finishes. With the live auction still, who knows.

5 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I’ll admit I started doubting myself almost immediately haha. Well now I’m excited to see where it finishes. With the live auction still, who knows.

So when does the live auction actually end ? ( ie when does this thing hammer 🔨

16 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

So when does the live auction actually end ? ( ie when does this thing hammer 🔨

Tough to say when it will end, but it looks like the live auctions begin at 12:00pm CST on the 19th, and for the session the Tec 27 is in. The Tec 27’s lot number is 91044. So as is usually the case, we’ll have to scroll down the auction lots till we see 91044 and then it comes and goes. I’ll definitely be following this live auction!

D098FADA-13E7-479C-99CB-9D7D9DA50346.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

49 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Tough to say when it will end, but it looks like the live auctions begin at 12:00pm CST on the 19th, and for the session the Tec 27 is in. The Tec 27’s lot number is 91044. So as is usually the case, we’ll have to scroll down the auction lots till we see 91044 and then it comes and goes. I’ll definitely be following this live auction!

D098FADA-13E7-479C-99CB-9D7D9DA50346.jpeg

Theres definitely some big guns who have decided they gonna target this book. We used to say that “guide is out the window “ on this book. Question is: how much out the window? 

the wheels are in motion ...

28 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Theres definitely some big guns who have decided they gonna target this book. We used to say that “guide is out the window “ on this book. Question is: how much out the window? 

the wheels are in motion ...

I read this and :idea: went off. I bet Vincent will go after this copy since he just sold his for 850 and he is a big gun 2c  He is not a 22 caliber anymore.

18 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I think it is as pure a SPEC buy as possible, just like a share of stock or a widget....I dont think you qualify as a true comic book collectors owning 1/100 of Action 1....I dont really think you care other than what the return is at the end of the day....This is just pure return...plain and simple and just think if they start taking key GA out of the market for this division, look for  GA/SA price increase base upon greed, not  real collector value.

Maybe they will cut up grail comics and put pieces in trading cards, like they do with sports cards (putting pieces of game-worn jerseys into cards) ...... I absolutely hate that !!! I would rather bid on the real mccoy than have a 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch swatch of the thing .... then again I am not a fan of single pages slabbed either :p