• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

The real problem with parting with a Tec 27 or Action 1 in any condition is that they are so coveted anyone considering selling their copy knows the odds of getting another one are slim to none. Both IMHO are really entirely different than any other books in our hobby including MM1 Cap 1 Whiz AF 15 or anything else you want to put on the list. 

yes, a huge dilemma as you are 100% correct ... once gone, never getting one back 

34 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Buy it for me !!  I’m waiting for you to sell me your complete copy for pennies on the dollar. 

you can buy this and than yours would be worth 100k unless it would not be married and not blue :idea: you would make 30 k just like that.

14 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

This really makes no sense at all - unless the 7.0 ends up going for $2 million or more.

The 6.0 just sold for $850K vs. $613K guide (1.38x guide - probably the lowest multiple any issue from 27-38 brings),  2.0 guide is $204K, is there any chance before this sale that a 2.0 would only sell for $280K? I don't think so.

At a guide price of $988K, the expectation is the book should be worth guide, literally a million bucks or more. I don't see (at current price, or an increase of another $100-200) what impact this will have on low grade unrestored copies.

Of course we await the final result, but as the prices go up, the barrier  of prices points being broken will result in a increased competition for the remaining lower graded copies...more buyers..higher final price at auction. This sale ALREADY is a game changer...the million dollar club was held exclusive to high graded 8.0 and mostly 9.0 copies..this is a significant price barrier BOTH in exceeding the prior price for  a Det 27 under 9.0 GA book over 1 million as well as being a full grade lower. Let us not forget, that sales tax is now being charged as well....i expect the next low grade Det 27 to shatter price records significantly 

Edited by Mmehdy

12 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Of course we await the final result, but as the prices go up, the barrier  of prices points being broken will result in a increased competition for the remaining lower graded copies...more buyers..higher final price at auction. This sale ALREADY is a game changer...the million dollar club was held exclusive to high graded 8.0 and mostly 9.0 copies..this is a significant price barrier BOTH in exceeding the prior price for  a Det 27 under 9.0 GA book over 1 million as well as being a full grade lower. Let us not forget, that sales tax is now being charged as well....i expect the next low grade Det 27 to shatter price records significantly 

Almost 40 G for a friggin centerfold. This book is living in its own world.

4 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Almost 40 G for a friggin centerfold. This book is living in its own world.

especially after Ha.com tells the whole world about this  NEW record price....

Edited by Mmehdy