• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I'm the opposite--I prefer to get my bids in as early as possible--mostly so that I know it's done. I pick an amount I'm willing to pay, put that amount in, and usually that's the end of it.

Hi bpc3qh,  But don't you think that greatly increases the chances of being outbid? It only takes one other person to keep bidding until they are the top bidder. I like to put mine in within the final 5 or 10 seconds this way others don't have enough time to bid again. Only downside is with that way you get just one shot at it. 

23 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi bpc3qh,  But don't you think that greatly increases the chances of being outbid? It only takes one other person to keep bidding until they are the top bidder. I like to put mine in within the final 5 or 10 seconds this way others don't have enough time to bid again. Only downside is with that way you get just one shot at it. 

I want more than one chance to bid; I pay attention at the end so that if I do get outbid I can respond. Bidding early with my desired amount lets me get a sense of how things are going, so I can also start to prioritize. It probably leads to sometimes not winning a book I might otherwise have won, but it's a system I'm comfortable with.

12 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I liken it to some clapping at a movie... I guess it makes that person feel better but it’s pointless 

Enjoying the experience and expressing your enjoyment, even as observer, counts for something IMO.

This auction has been a high point for our hobby and it’s good to see people happy. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Enjoying the experience and expressing your enjoyment, even as observer, counts for something IMO.

This auction has been a high point for our hobby and it’s good to see people happy. :smile:

That’s why I said it makes some feel better. Nothing wrong with it, just does nothing for me. 

13 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

That’s why I said it makes some feel better. Nothing wrong with it, just does nothing for me. 

That's just the price some people pay when they have a lot of nice comic books :baiting:

41 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

That’s fair. What has been your happiest comic book experience of late?

None. Since i sold my collection after the hurricane I haven’t bought any comics since I’m not collecting  any more :(

Edited by G.A.tor