• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher fans, letโ€™s see them favorites..๐Ÿ’€
6 6

855 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2023 at 1:55 AM, nepatkm said:

Picked up @Parabellumย leftovers on eBay that I still needed for my graded collection. ๐Ÿ˜†

I need to send in my submissions soon, always doubting/removing them ย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Punisher (2000 series) #5 ย ๐Ÿ’€05BB4C0B-CF5F-40C7-8054-64799B195661.jpeg.eb1a200e03765eb737ede3f417305b77.jpeg

@nepatkmย Iโ€™m trying to keep up with you, ๐Ÿคฃ.

If you have any 9.8 doubles of #โ€™s 6,10,11 of the 2000 series let me know. ย I NEED them.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:55 PM, nepatkm said:

Picked up @Parabellumย leftovers on eBay that I still needed for my graded collection. ๐Ÿ˜†

I need to send in my submissions soon, always doubting/removing them ย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Punisher (2000 series) #5 ย ๐Ÿ’€05BB4C0B-CF5F-40C7-8054-64799B195661.jpeg.eb1a200e03765eb737ede3f417305b77.jpeg

9.8 ๐Ÿ‘โ€ผ๏ธ

On 3/31/2023 at 8:57 PM, nepatkm said:

Elman Brown (L-MAN) also provided these Punisher covers ...

I posted #89 on the previous page. Such a badass cover. All black with the trench coat, totally captures his essence.

Was unaware Elman did any for War Journal though - thanks for that!

It's probably in this thread somewhere but it would take too long to find.ย 

I just finished reading the Punisher Circle of Blood trade, the first four issues of which were scripted by Steven Grant, and the final issue by Jo Duffy. Does anyone know why Grant bailed before the final issue?

On 3/31/2023 at 9:24 PM, nepatkm said:

I also really liked Frank Teran -gritty artwork for the Punisher, when I look at his work now I see a slight resemblance to the Jon Bernthal portrayal of the character.ย 

Good call there. What on-screen portrayal of the Punisher is your favorite? Looks wise, I thought Ray Stevenson was the best.

On 4/1/2023 at 2:28 PM, Ryan. said:

It's probably in this thread somewhere but it would take too long to find.ย 

I just finished reading the Punisher Circle of Blood trade, the first four issues of which were scripted by Steven Grant, and the final issue by Jo Duffy. Does anyone know why Grant bailed before the final issue?

So the story Iโ€™ve heard was that The Punisher Limited (1986) Mini series was originally supposed to ย be 4 issues book ended by bigger issues as the #1 (and then #4) but sales were stronger than expected for issue 1, so Marvel extended the series to 5 issues after seeing the sales. ๐Ÿ’ฐย 

โ€ฆSo Grant and Zeck were only contacted to do 4 issues of content, and had other titles deadlines to meet, therefore Vosburg, and Jo Duffy weโ€™re called in by Marvel to help out (Grant and Zeck) fill in the excess material to fill a 5th issue scripted by Grant.ย 
ย 

again just what Iโ€™ve heard. @Ryan. ๐Ÿ’€ย 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:19 PM, LadyDeath said:

Good call there. What on-screen portrayal of the Punisher is your favorite? Looks wise, I thought Ray Stevenson was the best.

Honestly like them all, and Ray Stevenson definitely had the look!

I have to go with Dolph Lundgren though, you never forget your first ๐Ÿ˜†โ€” I was so excited that they were making that movie and seemed like forever before I had the VHS copy in hand. Love that movie!! ๐Ÿ’€