• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher fans, let’s see them favorites..💀
6 6

855 posts in this topic

He's theirs. They can do whatever they want with him for any reason they want, but to anyone concerned, your Punisher comics and fond memories of vintage Frank are safe, right where you left them. 

Hopefully, the moderator can just take care of tonight's political posts without locking/nuking the thread, but if not, sorry to see it go.

• Administrator

I have removed multiple posts, and hid some posts.  A few may have been ok except for quoting a post I hid.  Politics are not allowed on this forum.  I highly recommend you all keep this thread clean from political posts.  I will be watching.

Been here before, Frank always comes back. 💀

seems with Bernthal picking up his role as the Punisher in Daredevil born again Disney+ series, then rumored to have own series after… 🤷‍♂️😜

We’ve been through this many times before..take a breath…here’s last page shots from the 1998 (Purgatory) series, and the Frankencastle 2010. Frank survived both. 👍

51DA69D9-4D79-445B-B4B5-8F8B45D9F55A.thumb.jpeg.d2e39ecf126a53b36d9257e3cf0452a5.jpeg

2679C30F-6075-46BC-BA0B-317FF37D0A0A.thumb.jpeg.5f5658ef65154dcc01f575c0de5ad0b3.jpeg

Frank came back from both. 

Now the last page from the recent run…

9603AE49-6AD6-4D25-B570-8B665BE5955C.thumb.webp.732e50ec39d61afd6fb99f4bcdf150ec.webp

Hang tight fans, all we need is another great reboot like “Welcome back Frank!” To put all the bad taste behind. 💀

606E5B5B-446B-4FDC-9E54-DBDBAC2348E0.thumb.jpeg.57755987da5691e5baad68720368ef1f.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm

On 2/9/2023 at 7:20 PM, nepatkm said:

Anybody have any thoughts on the latest (2022) Punisher series? 🧐

I wanted to wait until I read the whole thing but I did find it interesting at one point.  I'm all for trying new things to freshen up Frank, but this run felt like a pile of dog spoon.  Part of my problem is that every Punisher writer after Ennis wants to try Ennis' style of making Frank a killing machine with no humanity.  Welcome Back, Frank showed he still had a human side in addition to being the Punisher.  The 1987 and 1995 series both did this well.  When there is no humanity left to the character, then the other characters or plot better make up for it. 

There were some interesting concepts like going Beast Mode, but it's hard to actually see Frank join the Hand no matter what they offer.  Each issue was hit and miss for me but the main thing was that it made me not like Frank as a character.  I felt nothing for the character when the plot explores his early life and marriage.  I'm reading it not because I enjoyed the content but that I was already halfway through the series and decided I wanted some level of closure on the story.  I liked Jason Aaron's Star Wars run, but I'm not sure he was the guy to take this title.  Or maybe he was if the cool kids running Marvel said to spoon all over everything.  

In any case, we've seen this before with Spooky Avenging Angel Punisher and I guess Frankencastle (which I didn't bother with).  Frank will be back at some point, and maybe done right.

@nepatkm and @Parabellum

Now idk if this is considered spoiler, but maybe a welcome transition? Idk. :eek: eek!

Heard about it at the LCS yesterday, something mentioned at SDCC, where patron said new skull logo "looked like lights?"

Screenshot_20230724-121558.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@nepatkm and @Parabellum

Now idk if this is considered spoiler, but maybe a welcome transition? Idk. :eek: eek!

Heard about it at the LCS yesterday, something mentioned at SDCC, where patron said new skull logo "looked like lights?"

Screenshot_20230724-121558.png

New Punisher is named Joe Garrison.  Former SHIELD agent.  I could have been interested to see where this goes but after this last series (and some of the previous ones as well), it's a hard pass.

On 7/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, mec3437 said:

New Punisher is named Joe Garrison.  Former SHIELD agent.  I could have been interested to see where this goes but after this last series (and some of the previous ones as well), it's a hard pass.

Ya it's tough to go around the windmill again, after the egregious characters deformation, and I'm sure it will start and stop. I hope they can get a new character going to bring back or retcon old ones, but I'm curious why they think now will be a good time to a new reader. Like I remember when I "first picked up comics" that those characters ended up making a big impact. Are there new readers?

I mean at least this new character may not be mature readers idk. So bigger audience....

I'm curious what advantage to sell the comics and pick up readers they have? They surely are busines minded, but it's hard to tell. :makepoint:

lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, Parabellum said:

They just need to bring back Punisher MAX and quit playing around.  I might give this series a shot but we got burned on the last one.

Right! I was so focused on it at least it being a "correct" logo, that the rest I just assumed would be welcomed lol

Until I started typing that tag post haha 

On 7/24/2023 at 5:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya it's tough to go around the windmill again, after the egregious characters deformation, and I'm sure it will start and stop. I hope they can get a new character going to bring back or retcon old ones, but I'm curious why they think now will be a good time to a new reader. Like I remember when I "first picked up comics" that those characters ended up making a big impact. Are there new readers?

I mean at least this new character may not be mature readers idk. So bigger audience....

I'm curious what advantage to sell the comics and pick up readers they have? They surely are busines minded, but it's hard to tell. :makepoint:

lol

Every Punisher writer for the last 15-20 years just writes Frank as an emotionless killing machine.  There is no humanity for the character at all.  If that is how the writers are going to craft the character, then the supporting cast or the stories better be worth it.  Ennis could pull that off.  The other cuck writers don't understand that.  

Not sure if there are many new readers.  I rarely see any children at the LCS and if they're there, they are looking at Magic, Pops, or something else.  

To be fair to the Joe Garrison version, the character looks like he might be more suited for the mainstream Marvel universe.  He can set his phasers to stun.