• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS (2023)

179 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2023 at 11:21 AM, Cat said:

Depending on who you ask the Bay films are either no longer canon or still totally matter. Producer Lozenzo Di Bonaventura has been making it clear as mud by insisting its all one timeline, which clearly doesn't work.  Bumblebee lands on Earth in 2007, no wait, 1984, and had never heard of Earth before, despite being here during World war II and fighting in it. No problems there whatsoever. And there's plenty of other inconsistencies, some more egregious. 

It's a mess and they should cut the cord, but Lorenzo is too much of a coward to do it, even though the Bayverse is a dead universe, and dead weight. All its done is confuse the messaging on this film, with people constantly asking on Reddit what films they have to watch to enjoy ROTB, and none of us can really answer, as their messaging is so confused it doesn't seem like the studio knows. I've just been telling people to watch Bumblebee and that's it. That seems the most logical answer, at this stage. Plus I couldn't in good conscience recommend someone sit down and watch Age Of Extinction and The Last Knight. 

Well this answers my questions as far as timeline and cannon.  My bet is it's all just more of a cash grab for the IP at this point with introducing the Beast Wars characters AND Unicron in a single movie which doesn't really make sense for an expanded franchise plot.  If they really wanted to retcon/reboot and potentially maximize their profits, they could have loosely followed the -script from the original Transformer's the movie cartoon or just focused on setting up an original 2 or 3 movie franchise (ala MCU) with the final culminating battle with Autobots and Decepticons battling against Unicron at the end to save Cybertron (and Earth).  You could even have Prime dying (yet again) or sacrificing himself in an epic battle against the Decepticons,  the matrix getting passed on to the beast Optimus Primal (or Rodimus/Ultra Magnus/or how about Bumblebee) and/or somehow lost/stolen, have epic space battles with rock opera type sound tracks, then tease Unicron in post credit scenes at the end of the first movie. Use the 2nd movie as a potential origin showing the start of the cybertronian wars juxtaposed with the present day conflict and then bring in Unicron as the ultimate threat killing off several autobots and decepticons (maybe even get a galvatron and sweeps the process) in a cliff hanger.  The third movie could be your typical quest style plot to find find the MacGuffin (Matrix? if not already passed on) or rescue the captured humans and autobots, recruit the big guns like Devastator, Omega Supreme, MetroPlex, Fortress Maximums, and Metrotitan to join the ultimate battle against Unicron.  Well, so much for fan boy dreams.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

@Cat sounds like a winner

^^

Oh man, I can't wait for this! It kills me we have to wait until the damn 22th! But hopefully all you guys will enjoy it in the meantime. Please support this film! 

On 5/25/2023 at 8:04 AM, Cat said:

Oh man, I can't wait for this! It kills me we have to wait until the damn 22th! But hopefully all you guys will enjoy it in the meantime. Please support this film! 

Well I'll be picking up 3 tickets, my sons would mutiny if I told them we were not going to a Transformers movie.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:21 PM, media_junkie said:

Well I'll be picking up 3 tickets, my sons would mutiny if I told them we were not going to a Transformers movie.

I'm on your sons' side. Feed him to the Sharkticons! 

Apparently director Stephen Caple has confirmed this is a new reboot universe. I can't confirm the info as it's a 45 minute video and I don't have the time to watch it right now, but I hope to check it out later. 

Edited by Cat

Screenings have begun. The movie sounds... well, not what I expected, but still good. I'm just a bit huffed over what happens to one character. I find it a bit weird. Anyway, what I posted in another thread is true. Big spoiler incoming for a post-credits scene, so DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

Spoiler

Final warning 

Spoiler

Welcome to the HCU, the Hasbro Cinematic Universe. In the Post-credits scene Noah gets an invite to join GIJOE. 

Information on the post-credit scene and what it sets up. This article is a heavy SPOILER, so consider yourself warned.