• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS (2023)

179 posts in this topic

there's a chance Mick's worst movie of the year won't be a CBM for the first time in years :wishluck:

lol posted the above before I saw the actual review headline

image.thumb.png.9eee6e24d85376b6d316b2a5d7ffe98d.png

The worst movie of 2023 (so far) has arrived, and it’s called ‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’

Edited by paperheart

On 6/10/2023 at 7:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wow!

There is no way Age Of Extinction got a bloody A-. It's dreadful. TLK is so bad I haven't even finished it yet! B+? WHO THE HELL SCORED THESE? FERRETS ON METH??? 

On 6/10/2023 at 5:37 AM, Cat said:

There is no way Age Of Extinction got a bloody A-. It's dreadful. TLK is so bad I haven't even finished it yet! B+? WHO THE HELL SCORED THESE? FERRETS ON METH??? 

audience score has to be the most useless metric since Dr Spock had mothers, still flying from epidurals, rate beauty of newborns

Edited by paperheart

Just saw it. It was very formulaic. All plot points, drama, comedic dialogue, primes monologue and introductions are all too familiar and cliche at this point. The only reason I watched it was for the potential hint at a cross-over and

Spoiler

I was not disappointed. I'm excited about where this could take the franchise.  I could almost care less about where they take the transformers movies unless they go all Gen1 storylines but it was interesting not seeing any deceptions. I look forward to a good attempt at a canon or comic-based GIJoe movie.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, paperheart said:

audience score has to be the most useless metric since Dr Spock had mothers, still flying from epidurals, rate beauty of newborns

It is with those scores. Bumblebee, Dark Of The Moon, and the first film are genuinely watchable and enjoyable. B+ territory at best. But to rate any of the others above a D is just misunderstanding what entertainment is. I'd rather slam little cat in a car door than have to rewatch those other movies. They're that bad.

It's good to see people responding so well to this one. I wonder how many even know about Beast Wars?