• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS (2023)

179 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 6:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

I LOVE this clip. They have CHARACTER!

It's

Spoiler

Scourge, the main villain of the movie, not counting Unicron. He's the leader of the Terrorcons. Voiced by the one and only Peter Dinklage. 

New poster, which does lend some credence to the rumour that 

POTENTIAL SPOILERS 

Spoiler

Airrazor doesn't transform at all in the film 

clmiroiqx2za1.thumb.jpg.72845718371256c5d5213e925dd8fb1a.jpg

Obligatory photoshop all their busts in and make it look majestic shot' poster. Interesting that Mirage is bigger than Bumblebee. Seems they're really going to be pushing him, except merchandising is again focused on 'Bee more than Mirage. 

uhyh3pjwi00b1.thumb.jpg.75f66c64e0ab077488c616a0a8ee40b6.jpg

New TV spot, 'Meet Mirage'. I love when Mirage transforms and hands Noah his backpack. That looks badarse. 

On 5/16/2023 at 1:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wait, Unicron's in this!?

Didn't they do some stupid thing about Unicron being the Earth? How can you fight Unicron if his transformation kills the planet?

Just figured out where The Eternals got its dumb idea about the Celestials...

Depending on who you ask the Bay films are either no longer canon or still totally matter. Producer Lozenzo Di Bonaventura has been making it clear as mud by insisting its all one timeline, which clearly doesn't work.  Bumblebee lands on Earth in 2007, no wait, 1984, and had never heard of Earth before, despite being here during World war II and fighting in it. No problems there whatsoever. And there's plenty of other inconsistencies, some more egregious. 

It's a mess and they should cut the cord, but Lorenzo is too much of a coward to do it, even though the Bayverse is a dead universe, and dead weight. All its done is confuse the messaging on this film, with people constantly asking on Reddit what films they have to watch to enjoy ROTB, and none of us can really answer, as their messaging is so confused it doesn't seem like the studio knows. I've just been telling people to watch Bumblebee and that's it. That seems the most logical answer, at this stage. Plus I couldn't in good conscience recommend someone sit down and watch Age Of Extinction and The Last Knight. 

On 5/15/2023 at 11:21 AM, Cat said:

Depending on who you ask the Bay films are either no longer canon or still totally matter. Producer Lozenzo Di Bonaventura has been making it clear as mud by insisting its all one timeline, which clearly doesn't work.  Bumblebee lands on Earth in 2007, no wait, 1984, and had never heard of Earth before, despite being here during World war II and fighting in it. No problems there whatsoever. And there's plenty of other inconsistencies, some more egregious. 

It's a mess and they should cut the cord, but Lorenzo is too much of a coward to do it, even though the Bayverse is a dead universe, and dead weight. All its done is confuse the messaging on this film, with people constantly asking on Reddit what films they have to watch to enjoy ROTB, and none of us can really answer, as their messaging is so confused it doesn't seem like the studio knows. I've just been telling people to watch Bumblebee and that's it. That seems the most logical answer, at this stage. Plus I couldn't in good conscience recommend someone sit down and watch Age Of Extinction and The Last Knight. 

Just as clear as DC, I see...

I don't care if they retcon anything after the 1st movie. I remember the Unicron stuff in the cartoons was just as big to me as the Apocalypse stuff in the X-Men cartoons. It was monumentally cool.

On 5/16/2023 at 1:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Just as clear as DC, I see...

I don't care if they retcon anything after the 1st movie. I remember the Unicron stuff in the cartoons was just as big to me as the Apocalypse stuff in the X-Men cartoons. It was monumentally cool.

I'd rather they just keep it as Bumblebee, then Rise. Alternate universe, no crossover. We're done with the Bayhem. Don't get me wrong, he had two good films and one good sequence in a carppy film, so he did some thingd right, but that's still just shy of three whole films that were bad, mostly insultingly bad. Why cling to that? It's BO had tanked, people knew to relate them to anything but quality. It was a lose/lose situation. 

I've seen more characters in the trailers out of the Autobots than I did in all the Bay films. That's just sad.