• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS (2023)

179 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, Cat said:

Just in case you didn't know it, the Bay movies are dead, a thing of the past. This is an all-new continuity that began with Bumblebee. So far I think they're batting 100, as I really enjoyed both films of this new continuity. I only liked 2 Bay films fullstop, and they weren't consecutive, nor were they as good as these 2.

Bring on the Beeverse! 

Amen to that. That end scene hinted to what could be a bright future.

On 7/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

I watch this movie last night, and had a really good time.

I liked how it referenced back to Bumblebee, and Hailee Steinfeld's character. I very much look forward to this future.

It was a really good movie. I enjoyed it. Hope they do bring GI Joe and Rom into it. 

On 7/14/2023 at 12:02 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

It was a really good movie. I enjoyed it. Hope they do bring GI Joe and Rom into it. 

Rom would be awesome. I'd absolutely be down for that. 

On 7/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, media_junkie said:

OK, on a beach trip with my sons (14 and 10) and we just saw this movie.  I know Transformer movies get a bad rap, but we really enjoyed this one.  It was a bit slow at first until the main dude stumbled across Mirage, but then it picked up.  Enjoyed the hint at the end about what may happen.  I will absolutely own this film.  4 out of 5 stars easy.

And now that I'm back from the beach, went ahead and pre-ordered it.  

On 7/17/2023 at 3:50 AM, media_junkie said:

And now that I'm back from the beach, went ahead and pre-ordered it.  

Did you see a date for physical release? Ours is still just listed as 'Coming Soon'. 

On 7/17/2023 at 5:54 AM, media_junkie said:

According to when I ordered it off Amazon it had a physical release date of October 11.

That's a pretty big gulf between digital and physical release. 

On 7/16/2023 at 8:36 PM, Cat said:

That's a pretty big gulf between digital and physical release. 

That is what I was thinking as well.  Could be Amazon didn't know so they just put a date in there, and it will ship well before then, I've had that happen before.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:00 PM, media_junkie said:

That is what I was thinking as well.  Could be Amazon didn't know so they just put a date in there, and it will ship well before then, I've had that happen before.

I hope that's the case. I was expecting a 2 or 3 week difference, not months. 

On 7/28/2023 at 2:34 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Just watched. Ugh. Was it written by a 12 year old? Would have been a great cartoon. 40 years ago.

Incidentally next year is the 40th anniversary of the release of the original G1 cartoon, so you're not far off the mark with your criticism, at least. lol

Oh well, this film isn't going to be for everyone. Sorry you didn't like it. 

I don't own this movie yet (but I will). Meanwhile, while hitting flea markets today with the kids I happened across this brand new Shout Factory 30th Anniversary Edition of the original Transformers: The Movie for $1.

Transformers_Movie.thumb.jpg.fade02c406e4e435620dcb6f393c7b84.jpg

I'll definitely be watching this today!

:headbang:

On 8/20/2023 at 6:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't own this movie yet (but I will). Meanwhile, while hitting flea markets today with the kids I happened across this brand new Shout Factory 30th Anniversary Edition of the original Transformers: The Movie for $1.

Transformers_Movie.thumb.jpg.fade02c406e4e435620dcb6f393c7b84.jpg

I'll definitely be watching this today!

That's a bargain, even if it is 9 years old. Enjoy watching your childhood crumble. Hell of a soundtrack though. And it is a fun movie. Warning if you've got kids, it does contain swearing. Seriously. Damn and s&*t. Oh, and some graphic robot deaths, which hit REALLY hard when they're your favourite characters. 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, Cat said:

That's a bargain, even if it is 9 years old. Enjoy watching your childhood crumble. Hell of a soundtrack though. And it is a fun movie. Warning if you've got kids, it does contain swearing. Seriously. Damn and s&*t. Oh, and some graphic robot deaths, which hit REALLY hard when they're your favourite characters. 

It actually was quite good, and serious too. It came across like they were going after the more adult audience in making this into a movie.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

It actually was quite good, and serious too. It came across like they were going after the more adult audience in making this into a movie.

Yeah it's a fun movie. Got that right edge of cult classic to it, while being just serious enough, and just goofy enough. It's got it all in just the right formulas. See: when Sludge gets hits in the torso by Devastator and his eyes pop out of his body cartoon style, it's clear the animators were having fun. 

Plus those deaths. It's difficult to talk about the film without talking about the deaths. Would it still be talked about had it not done that? I don't know, but it didn't have to use my favourites, and the toy I sat down to watch the movie for the first time ever with. :cry: That was just mean. 

It is a pretty frenetic romp mixed with an 80's rock opera, making it a lot of fun, even if some parts of the story you just have to go with. My favourite being that as Astrotrain had no need to jettison weight, he was in on the conspiracy to dethrone Megatron. I love that little details like that one can add to this kids movie in droves. There's plenty of room for interpretations, a great feature. 

It's also fun tracking the worldwide releases due to the "oh s&*t" line. A line in a kids movie I can't even say on an 18+ adults only board. So many different edits because of that and "damn". If you're curious, read the tfwiki.net page on the movie, there's SO much interesting stuff that didn't make the page in the end. 

Glad you got your buck's worth! (thumbsu

THE BIG PICTURE

•  Peter Cullen, the iconic voice actor behind Optimus Prime in the Transformers franchise, will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
  •  Cullen's work on Transformers made him one of the first-ever inductees into the Hasbro Hall of Fame, alongside other notable figures.
  •  Cullen has also voiced other characters in various animated series and has had a long stint as Eeyeore in the Winnie the Pooh franchise.