• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

And with such a HUGE premium paid and a $6K Paypal transaction, I'd be sucking that money out of my account faster than I can type this. Call me Mr Suspicious....

Actually Mr Suspicious would immediately close every bank account and cancel every credit card that was given to PayPal as soon as the withdrawal was made...

Again, no commentary on the actual buyer here, but in general this would have been a plane ticket deal for me...

Gorgeous, gorgeous books though... I hope everything turns out as planned for both buyer and seller. That's a once-in-a-lifetime deal... thumbsup2.gif

And with such a HUGE premium paid and a $6K Paypal transaction, I'd be sucking that money out of my account faster than I can type this. Call me Mr Suspicious....

Actually Mr Suspicious would immediately close every bank account and cancel every credit card that was given to PayPal as soon as the withdrawal was made...

Again, no commentary on the actual buyer here, but in general this would have been a plane ticket deal for me...

Gorgeous, gorgeous books though... I hope everything turns out as planned for both buyer and seller. That's a once-in-a-lifetime deal... thumbsup2.gif

Actually he was all set to fly down here and e-mailed me the date to confirm. But, I suggested that since the 28th was the day after Thanksgiving he should rethink his schedule. He'd forgotten about "Turkey Day". 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif

315376-Invaders%20%2321.jpg

589a8ad6bbf8a_315376-Invaders21.jpg.42435e8a8bd3e0c8fdb230a334d36267.jpg

Something else to remember, 16 of these noone else has, or if they do, they're not talking.

The entire collection is made up of one-owner (not really important, except that the comics all aged the same) HG copies. So, even if the buyer has copies of some of these, he's probably getting upgrades. The only one I see that would get lower than an 8.0 is the Avengers 164. Average is probably 8.5-9.0, with quite a few probably getting 9.2 or higher. And that's being conservative. Sure, there will be a cple of 7.5s, but 2 or 3 outta 94 is not to shabby. I wouldn't be suprised if a cple of these hit 9.6 or higher, a 10.0?, doubtful, but maybe. grin.gif

315451-Champions%20%2314.jpg

589a8ad6c60c7_315451-Champions14.jpg.8c7a09d117e5af6479cd7415dcd41ed4.jpg

I agree with 'House on this one. I think the deal is good for you -- but the installment part is the one to be cautious about. Without knowing who the other party is, you have to realize that there are plenty of dealers and collectors alike who could take advantage of the situation. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for all the scans though, it has made me drool over a few of the books I have never seen before.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree I got a great deal.

But, it's the only way he could get them. I wasn't planning to sell them at all. He tossed an outrageous price at me to begin with, and asked me not to feel insulted. Instead of saying no I threw an outrageous offer back at him. Instead of him saying no, he counter-offered. Which I then recountered (I think, that was the last one) and he accepted.

Could I have gotten a higher price? Possibly. But, that's no matter, because it didn't happen. Would I have sold for lower? Highly doubtful. So, if he wanted them, this was about the only price he could have gotten these for. If the deal falls through, I'll probably not sale any of them for less than $150 each, if I can't get that much, I'll just keep it. confused-smiley-013.gif

news.gif P.S. I named the last file LR #5 it should be LR #6.

315485-Lr%20%237.jpg

589a8ad6cd1ec_315485-Lr7.jpg.8041f0a3c586366ffc3f6adff4269aa5.jpg