• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

I have been out of town, so I have no idea who the other party in this deal is, but in general I would never do a PayPal deal for $6000 unless it was with someone I would be willing to send the books in advance of payment.

Again, I have no knowledge of who the buyer is, but there are so many ways for that to go wrong.

On a deal that size, I'd be buying a plane ticket with the amount PayPal was going to charge me and do the deal in person for a cashier's check...

I have been out of town, so I have no idea who the other party in this deal is, but in general I would never do a PayPal deal for $6000 unless it was with someone I would be willing to send the books in advance of payment.

Again, I have no knowledge of who the buyer is, but there are so many ways for that to go wrong.

On a deal that size, I'd be buying a plane ticket with the amount PayPal was going to charge me and do the deal in person for a cashier's check...

Then sneak up to you at the airport and slip a nail file as you were about to go through the checkpoint and jump your stash while you were being detained and deloused...

Nope, the 6k is 2k per 15 comics. The total will be 13.5 minus a few chunks here and there. frown.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif That's just crazy... A BULK deal and you're still getting more than $133 apiece? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

If this deal goes through, buy yourself a bottle of vintage Krug and drink a toast to your good fortune.

This is the lowest grade in the bunch. For obvious reasons.

I believe it's a printing error... as the comic itself shows no damage. And if this is the one I remember, all of the other copies on the rack at the time were of the same but worse damage. I grabbed it, with plans on looking for another one at another store, and then promptly forgot to. makepoint.gif

315118-Avengers%20%23164.jpg

589a8ad697ea1_315118-Avengers164.jpg.f7ca9a6085f8df2e75781a125c3504e7.jpg

Nope, the 6k is 2k per 15 comics. The total will be 13.5 minus a few chunks here and there. frown.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif That's just crazy... A BULK deal and you're still getting more than $133 apiece? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

If this deal goes through, buy yourself a bottle of vintage Krug and drink a toast to your good fortune.

Actually, I thought he got the best of it. I wanted around 15k, but he talked me down. tongue.gif

315131-Avengers%20%23162.jpg

589a8ad69aa2a_315131-Avengers162.jpg.1b3f0f33e5873edc6f40c3247e7905aa.jpg

Yea, but it's going slow.

1st he sends a personal check, then I gotta open a P(i$$)ayP(oor)al, then he uses a creditcard transaction, then I need a frigging bank account, then an online account, P(i$$)ayP(oor)al verification of my bank. And it still might not show up as funds in my account until next Monday.

Meanwhile, he's already got 15 comics and is wanting to know why I can't ship more. And I got $6,000(minus cc fees, that I didn't know about) floating around in "banker's limbo" trying to decide if it actually exists or is a figment of a bank's imagination.

In the meantime. smile.gif

Too bad is such a difficult deal. Thanks for the scans, though. Those are some beautiful books.

Yea, but it's going slow.

1st he sends a personal check, then I gotta open a P(i$$)ayP(oor)al, then he uses a creditcard transaction, then I need a frigging bank account, then an online account, P(i$$)ayP(oor)al verification of my bank. And it still might not show up as funds in my account until next Monday.

Meanwhile, he's already got 15 comics and is wanting to know why I can't ship more. And I got $6,000(minus cc fees, that I didn't know about) floating around in "banker's limbo" trying to decide if it actually exists or is a figment of a bank's imagination.

In the meantime. smile.gif

Too bad is such a difficult deal. Thanks for the scans, though. Those are some beautiful books.

Not so much difficult, as it is annoying, nerveracking. Basically it's my 1st trade of this sort. I'm actually likeing and on a very friendly basis with the buyer. We're kinda supporting each other through this. stooges.gifgrin.gif

Obviously, I wasn't really prepared to sell anything. But, it was a very generous offer and I couldn't resist it. cool.gif

315316-MTIO%20%2328.jpg

589a8ad6b0703_315316-MTIO28.jpg.58735896afc7db476bc8be1b58889c57.jpg

Yep, that number is definitely insane. I could understand it if there were some Westerns/Horrors/Cartoons, but very, very, very few of these (outside of the X-Men) would hit that level in a single-issue EBay transaction. I hope the buyer ain't looking to flip them for a profit... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Heck, I'd be willing to let a portion of mine go for $133 a shot.

And with such a HUGE premium paid and a $6K Paypal transaction, I'd be sucking that money out of my account faster than I can type this. Call me Mr Suspicious....