• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

Darth, attached is one of the article from CBM you wanted. Note that the article talks about the sale of a huge lot of 35 cent variants for $3,800. Also note that in the list is a Marvel Super Action #2 and a Super-Villain Team-Up #12-issues still missing from Paul's list of known variants.

589a8ad8edab6_316692-cbm72art.jpg.5cae17763d8973ecfb89a4ec5947ea25.jpg

Now that's a bargain. My count was 77 HG variants in that deal at just under 50 bucks a piece. Nice.

Now here's an interesting point: that makes three single collector (I'm assuming this is the case in the article since they were all high-grade) large 35 cent variant collections in the past five years that we know about. This includes Daethwalker's, the one in the article, and my find of 33 35 centers I found last year (which also had 20 others which someone else beat me to the punch, for a total of 53). Kind of makes you wonder how many more are out there laugh.gif

This is the last one. I missed 15 that shipped before scanning.

Thanks for letting me share these. acclaim.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

OK, so now how long before we hear about this new owner who "discovered" a pedigree collection of 35-cent cover price variants and is getting them all annotated/slabbed by CGC?

This is the last one. I missed 15 that shipped before scanning.

Thanks for letting me share these. acclaim.gif

317879-Omega%20%239.jpg

That was a blast. Thanks DaethWalker.

And Lighthouse.....Nice haul tonight on the 35 centers. Over 550 bucks for the Kid Colt. That should make a market report or two.

Jesus. The time to sell is RIGHT NOW.

I think you're right, as there seems to be a serious push to amass a complete run, which in this case would be all the non-Western books.

I do think that's an achievable goal.

Jesus. The time to sell is RIGHT NOW.

I think you're right, as there seems to be a serious push to amass a complete run, which in this case would be all the non-Western books.

I do think that's an achievable goal.

Why not the westerns as well? Do you think they don't exist? I'm sure if the Kid Colt 220 existed, the others had to as well, so they're out there, much like the whale, somewhere.

I simply believe that a goal is only achievable when the issues in question have been proven to exist. I'm sure Marvel printed up a few 35-cent copies of each Western, but as for them still being around today???

That's one reason that House's Western got so much attention, as the owner is the only one (so far) that can even attempt to complete a full set of "known 35-cent variants".