• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,720 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2022 at 10:49 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I blame the fact most people only seem to care for #1s and covers. :facepalm:

Sad really. We are talking about Superman's second ever appearance.

Did the non supes early Action covers ever really get that much love? I mean don’t get me wrong, tons of golden age Supes goodness in those early Actions, early Superman appearances and all. Just seems like yeah, it’s all about the Supes covers, not that much love for the other issues. So I guess what I’m saying is, doesn’t super surprise me that they might not sell very strong.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:40 AM, Dark Knight said:

There's only a very small pool of buyers who are interested in the early Action Comics non-Superman covers.  It's always been that way it seems. More people are attracted to classic covers and superhero covers.

Same for Tecs

On 6/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, Dark Knight said:

There's only a very small pool of buyers who are interested in the early Action Comics non-Superman covers.  It's always been that way it seems. More people are attracted to classic covers and superhero covers.

Right. But the cover to 2 is, to me, classic for non-Superman reasons.  Oh well

On 6/1/2022 at 3:53 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 6/1/2022 at 3:40 AM, Dark Knight said:

Same for Tecs

The interest in non-Bats covers seems to be much stronger than the interest in non-Supes covers.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:36 AM, tth2 said:

The interest in non-Bats covers seems to be much stronger than the interest in non-Supes covers.

That's true I believe. Maybe because there are less of them (shrug). I'm thinking most people if they have X amount to spend would rather put it toward an Action 7 over a # 2. It's kind of stuck in between a rock and a hard place. The rock being Action 1 and the hard place Action 7.......in this case. :peace:

On 6/1/2022 at 3:16 AM, ThothAmon said:

:drool:

I thought the Tec 1 might come my way. Not gonna happen. Went hard at the AMan 6, but not hard enough. Gotta get off this beta blocker. 

C262ADAD-F1BF-4BD3-AD15-B1E9D2D3B860.jpeg

BD97E479-3074-4F87-B10D-9C357430F79A.jpeg

Looks like the Tec 1 is doing well and climbing on the back of the 5.0 copy that Heritage sold not too long ago at roughly $100k, but with brittle pages. The 5.0 copy has much better eye appeal though than this 3.0. We'll see where this ends up.  Strong price thus far, and it's at the value where it should be kept long term and not a quick flip.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:52 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Got this one.  Continuing price movement in this title - not universal of course but a lot of books that were hundreds last year are thousands now.

@Spyder!

Planet Comics - 31.jpg

Excellent! What happened to the goal of just issues 42-73? :wink:

On 6/1/2022 at 9:07 PM, Spyder! said:

Excellent! What happened to the goal of just issues 42-73? :wink:

LOL well it's not really a "goal" per se but based more on affordability.  I'm happy to pay up to $1000 if anyone has a high-grade #1 - #41 :)

:whee::idea:

Edited by MattTheDuck