• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,682 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 9:47 AM, lou_fine said:

On the other hand, it could also be great for long term collectors who have been sitting on this book for decades ever since buying them for what was then probably considered to be rip-off prices of $2 a pop or thereabouts for such a common back issue book.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :banana:  :whee:

Then again, the real real big winners out of this FOMO driven rocket rise and eventuall fall would be the pressing and grading companies, especially since they've probably got thousands of copies still waiting to be processed even as market prices are falling on these books.  :flipbait:

Six of this and a half-dozen of the other. Its all relative. (thumbsu

On 8/13/2022 at 6:55 AM, Forbush-Man said:

The movie hype train is powerful, inflating values out of FOMO.  Great for sellers, terrible for collectors looking to fill their collection. Even though the comic falls back down again, it never hits where it was previously. 

Kinda like gas prices…

On 8/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, szav said:

Could just be me and the books I track, but this auction looks fairly weak, especially on GA.  Wonder if people are afraid to sell right now…if the recent Baker auction is any indication though, there’s still people willing to fork out huge bucks for even lesser quality GA, so maybe it’ll still do well.

That would appear to be a possible mistake at this point in time as I believe it's really the much more common BA and CA hot books that have taken a big hit as the infinite scads of them sent into CCS/CGC for pressing/grading are now finally making there way into the marketplace.  :tonofbricks:

The much harder to find GA and in particular, the classic cover books, still appears to be going great guns and holding their own for now at least.  (thumbsu :wishluck:

On 8/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Let's get this back to the subject at hand: Comiclink's Summer Featured auction has been posting books, the auction begins next Friday, August 18th.  

Link 

What strikes your fancy? :popcorn:

How much is CLink paying you to plug their auction? :baiting:

As I looked through the listings, I think there's more for a Silver-Age collector to be excited about than a GA collector, but there appeared to be quite a few more books today than there were just a few days ago when I looked.

This one was already there. I remember because my heart broke when I realized that it had cream-to-off-white pages. It's one of very few Facwcetts on my want list.

00075320870000114044951002.jpg

I won't be bidding on this one, but I'll be watching to see how much tolerance Timely collectors have for resto on what is a semi-tough book.

00067650865000314079236002.jpg 
This one will be out of my price range, sadly.

00003022380000114083322010.jpg

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 8/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

As I looked through the listings, I think there's more for a Silver-Age collector to be excited about than a GA collector, but there appeared to be quite a few more books today than there were just a few days ago when I looked.

This one was already there. I remember because my heart broke when I realized that it had cream-to-off-white pages. It's one of very few Facwcetts on my want list.

I won't be bidding on this one, but I'll be watching to see how much tolerance Timely collectors have for resto on what is a semi-tough book.

Nice choices for sure.  That Startling Comics will probably be a pretty popular pick.  It will be interesting to see where it ends. (thumbsu

Oh, and just to be upfront, I do have books in this auction.  I haven't said anything about which ones because I don't want to pimp them here.  Just sayin' it to get it out there. 

I've had books in about 3-4 of Comiclinks previous auctions and only ever saw 1 book mentioned here from them.  I remember when the G.A. forum was lit-up with posts when a new auction was approaching.  I miss that. Thought I'd try to get some interest brewing and see what bubbles up. It always make you feel a little more reassured when you have a book and it gets talked about. :smile:

On 8/13/2022 at 5:55 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Oh, and just to be upfront, I do have books in this auction.  I haven't said anything about which ones because I don't want to pimp them here.  Just sayin' it to get it out there. 

I've had books in about 3-4 of Comiclinks previous auctions and only ever saw 1 book mentioned here from them.  I remember when the G.A. forum was lit-up with posts when a new auction was approaching.  I miss that. Thought I'd try to get some interest brewing and see what bubbles up. It always make you feel a little more reassured when you have a book and it gets talked about. :smile:

Why not, happy to pimp mine 😁

A53BC7FE-0A30-4F1C-9EE1-4F7E36B8DB67.jpeg

C9067D8A-16DB-4A4F-B628-C26B5805538E.jpeg

9D89D9BA-E2F8-4795-A5D7-B2F5CD5C0EDE.jpeg

I started this thread, so I guess I plug for free 🤣

On 8/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I started this thread, so I guess I plug for free 🤣

Well, there you go then.  I just don't want to cross any current decorum.  So are we allowed to discuss what we have up for auction?

On 8/14/2022 at 1:55 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I remember when the G.A. forum was lit-up with posts when a new auction was approaching.

This happens mostly with the Heritage and ComicConnect upcoming auctions threads, ComicLink not so much. Mostly because CL are stronger in SA and BA (less with GA) than the other two most of the time.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 8/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Well, there you go then.  I just don't want to cross any current decorum.  So are we allowed to discuss what we have up for auction?

I don’t see why not 🤷‍♂️. Post what you’re letting go. Always enjoy following someone’s sales.

On 8/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, Gotham Kid said:

This happens mostly with the Heritage and ComicConnect upcoming auctions threads, ComicLink not so much. Mostly because CL are stronger in SA and BA than GA than the other two most of the time.

Hm.  I see.  I've never used Comic Connect or Heritage to sell, only Comiclink as far as auction houses go.  I know you get more eyeballs on Heritage, but I don't like the total fees, feels like it would eat into your earnings a little too much.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:09 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I have Jumbo #2, 4, 5, 7 & 8 listed, #5 is from the Larson Pedigree. They are all scarce to say the least.  They all were raw graded 2.5 to 3.0, worked out well because of their size. Cut off the bottom portion of the scan because this has a label on it from the place across the street from us. These were all actually JUMBO sized, like a treasury size comic.

JumboComics5Larson.jpg

I know that @catrick339will appreciate those Jumbos.