• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,773 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, Robot Man said:

I have collected comics for over 50 years. If you told me when I started, or all along the way they would be worth what they are today, I would have said you were crazy.

I have always bought what I liked and could afford with a minimal interest in value. And I kept most of them. Was I smart? Lucky? Maybe a little of both. I still love my books a lot more than a pile of cash though. The only thing money means to me at this point is the ability to buy more…:devil:

What is your exit plan? Do you have one?

On 8/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, ThothAmon said:

The Archie’s definitely did well so it’s a little surprising the relatively low hammer for those two beauties. I put in some punishment bids on all the Archie’s I need but only won 2 of the later ones. 

7E597504-3BFB-4806-9BCA-73C9DC4E99A8.jpeg

BC15D7E5-7259-459F-8FFC-C65AC54EC39A.jpeg

You just don't see Archie's in these conditions out in the wild.  They're like freaks of nature. Great pick-ups! (thumbsu

On 8/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, pickycollector said:

Wow, I thought I would finally complete my JIM/Thor and did bid very aggressively on the JIM 85 CGC 7.5 but still finished second, I guess somebody wanted it more than me :frown:

JIM 85 7.5

That is the power of the movie train. What used to be a $400 +/- book now $17K+. :p

On 8/30/2022 at 7:45 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Well, like 10 mins left and not seeing any activity on two of my high grade strange adventures. Guess we’ll see if there’s like last second bidding, but right now they’re both still pretty low 😬

I was shocked at the final hammer, especially the Mile High.  Someone got a great gorilla cover Mile High for a bargain.

Edited by batman_fan

On 8/30/2022 at 8:03 PM, batman_fan said:

I was shocked at the final hammer, especially the Mile High.  Someone got a great gorilla cover Mile High for a bargain.

Yeah tell me about it lol. I thought when I saw this hammer recently I had a solid sale coming. But nope 🤷‍♂️. Considering there’s an 8.0 sitting on eBay at $600, less than the 7.0 sale, just makes me wonder if that was even a legit sale.

DC892341-9104-46C3-8124-78438061C694.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

Hi everyone. I just snagged the Fantucchio X-Men 1 5.0. Pretty stoked right now. This link that some awesome person put together of Silver Age key pedigrees, do you think it's up to date? Comments are from 2011 but I'm pretty sure the Fantucchio pedigree wasn't graded until around 2016/17 . I know it's the GA section but this is the only Comiclink thread I know. Thanks:peace:

https://itsalljustcomics.com/existence-and-grades-of-silver-age-key-books-from-the-major-pedigree-collections/

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022aug%26pg%3D7%23Item_1598839&id=1598839&itemType=0

On 8/30/2022 at 9:51 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah tell me about it lol. I thought when I saw this hammer recently I had a solid sale coming. But nope 🤷‍♂️. Considering there’s an 8.0 sitting on eBay at $600, less than the 7.0 sale, just makes me wonder if that was even a legit sale.

DC892341-9104-46C3-8124-78438061C694.jpeg

It is so hard to know what the results are going to be in the auctions.  I was watching some of the results tonights and thought the results were varied, some real strong ones and some soft ones.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:55 PM, Professor K said:

Hi everyone. I just snagged the Fantucchio X-Men 1 5.0. Pretty stoked right now. This link that some awesome person put together of Silver Age key pedigrees, do you think it's up to date? Comments are from 2011 but I'm pretty sure the Fantucchio pedigree wasn't graded until around 2016/17 . I know it's the GA section but this is the only Comiclink thread I know. Thanks:peace:

https://itsalljustcomics.com/existence-and-grades-of-silver-age-key-books-from-the-major-pedigree-collections/

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2022aug%26pg%3D7%23Item_1598839&id=1598839&itemType=0

Great pick-up

On 8/31/2022 at 12:21 AM, Robot Man said:

The only thing money means to me at this point is the ability to buy more…:devil:

Well yeah, which is why I keep wondering where the crash is.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:42 PM, pickycollector said:

Wow, I thought I would finally complete my JIM/Thor and did bid very aggressively on the JIM 85 CGC 7.5 but still finished second, I guess somebody wanted it more than me :frown:

JIM 85 7.5

Now you know what it feels like when a quarterback throws a Hail Mary that doesn’t quite make the end zone. In all seriousness we’ve all felt that pain. The good news is in all likelihood another nice 85 will be for sale before you know it.