• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,773 posts in this topic

I always love seeing Flash Comics #1's come up for sale. Just seems like such a rare GA mega grail to see in general, and I feel like you never see them for sale anywhere off auction. A low grader 2.0, but a rather nice presenting copy if you ask me. Not sure what it will sell for, but I assume in the $50K-$70K range?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2024aug%26pg%3D4%23Item_1797290&id=1797290&itemType=0

0069984002.jpg

RAD836FF202478_145818.jpg

The rusty staples are an eye sore unfortunately.  It appears to be that the bottom staple rust has penetrated through all pages into the back cover :eek:.  Coupled that with the tape interior along the spine (who knows how that looks inside) would be a tough sell at fmv prices.  But who knows with this current state of the market.

On 7/16/2024 at 10:27 PM, Dark Knight said:

The rusty staples are an eye sore unfortunately.  It appears to be that the bottom staple rust has penetrated through all pages into the back cover :eek:.  Coupled that with the tape interior along the spine (who knows how that looks inside) would be a tough sell at fmv prices.  But who knows with this current state of the market.

It’s still a gem ☹️

On 7/16/2024 at 5:13 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I always love seeing Flash Comics #1's come up for sale. Just seems like such a rare GA mega grail to see in general, and I feel like you never see them for sale anywhere off auction. A low grader 2.0, but a rather nice presenting copy if you ask me. Not sure what it will sell for, but I assume in the $50K-$70K range?

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2024aug%26pg%3D4%23Item_1797290&id=1797290&itemType=0

0069984002.jpg

I know the consignor. Had it a long time.

On 7/16/2024 at 2:13 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

0069984002.jpg

I have always loved that book. I bought one in around vg for $100 at the first SDCC I went to (#3). A TON of money for me as a kid. I had saved up $200. for 6 months for the show. I had to think long and hard.

On 7/17/2024 at 1:27 AM, Dark Knight said:

On 7/16/2024 at 5:13 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

0069984002.jpg

I think your estimate is a bit high, @LDarkseid1. It`'ll probably fetch $25K on CLink and then get flipped on HA for $35K (by one of those guys who sells enough to get the seller's premium waved and get back a fourth of the buyer`s premium).

On 7/16/2024 at 10:27 PM, Dark Knight said:

worst possible defect....stay a mile away from it.....too bad

On 7/17/2024 at 2:29 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I think your estimate is a bit high, @LDarkseid1. It`'ll probably fetch $25K on CLink and then get flipped on HA for $35K (by one of those guys who sells enough to get the seller's premium waved and get back a fourth of the buyer`s premium).

No way this "only" sells for guide (below guide in a week when the new one comes out).

On 7/16/2024 at 9:27 PM, Dark Knight said:

The rust on the back cover is contact from another staple, not bleed through. 

On 7/17/2024 at 11:29 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Whoa, you think a Flash Comics 1 2.0, rusty staples or not, will only sell for $25K :o. I feel fairly confident that would be the purchase of the year at that price.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:36 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Whoa, you think a Flash Comics 1 2.0, rusty staples or not, will only sell for $25K :o. I feel fairly confident that would be the purchase of the year at that price.

I think you're underestimating how much the rusty staples will hurt the bidding, but we'll see. (I wouldn't buy the book if it were offered to me for $25K.)

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 10:05 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I think you're underestimating how much the rusty staples will hurt the bidding, but we'll see. (I wouldn't buy the book if it were offered to me for $25K.)

The last sale I could find was this copy on Heritage last year. Was a .5 missing the centerfold, as well as pages 3, 7 and 21, with brittle pages, and a ravaged cover, and that still sold for $27K. The rusty staples are definitely no bueno, but I feel fairly confident this 2.0 is selling for $50K-$70K.

IMG_2304.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:41 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

The last sale I could find was this copy on Heritage last year. Was a .5 missing the centerfold, as well as pages 3, 7 and 21, with brittle pages, and a ravaged cover, and that still sold for $27K. The rusty staples are definitely no bueno, but I feel fairly confident this 2.0 is selling for $50K-$70K.

JImbo would much rather have this one than one with rusty staples. 

The entry level bump is strong in this book, there's just no way it sells for close to guide.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:41 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

IMG_2304.jpeg

If it goes for $25k, it will be sitting in my collection

On 7/18/2024 at 4:51 PM, Crowzilla said:

JImbo would much rather have this one than one with rusty staples. 

The entry level bump is strong in this book, there's just no way it sells for close to guide.

Oh yeah I’m 100% the opposite. I would without question rather have this 2.0 than that utterly destroyed, brittle page, multiple pages missing .5. That’s just me though, everyone will be different of course.

Whats guide on a 2.0?

On 7/18/2024 at 9:05 PM, batman_fan said:

If it goes for $25k, it will be sitting in my collection

I remember way back when struggling to find a buyer for the KC copy at $14K (VF/NM Guide at the time) and it was one of the nicest looking GA books I've ever owned. sigh :tonofbricks:

On 7/18/2024 at 11:40 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Whats guide on a 2.0?

Right now $25K, but the new guide is out next week, so maybe.... $27K?