• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,652 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I picked up one book. I cannot afford pre-Robin Tecs, so an early-50s mid-grade run filler that doesn't have Robin on the cover (although he's mentioned—you can't have everything) is the closest I'll ever get.

00150122365000110189010013.jpg

That’s my book you won at Auction!!!

Congratulations going to a new home!!

On 2/15/2024 at 6:44 PM, sagii said:

Another one to follow in the upcoming CC Event  Auction (Jon Berk copy, restored). So back to back opportunities. This universal blue will be a barn burner 

Not sure what's going on over at CC since there's less than 10 days until this next Event Auction and they still haven't posted most of their scans.  :facepalm:

On 2/16/2024 at 10:59 PM, lou_fine said:

Not sure what's going on over at CC since there's less than 10 days until this next Event Auction and they still haven't posted most of their scans.  :facepalm:

Ahhhhh.......................was catching up on my email and notice this article from last Friday's Scoop newsletter:

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1012?ArticleID=272929

I guess this goes a long way to explain why they don't seem to be fully prepped for this upcoming Event Auction as their long-time Consignment Director, Rob Reynolds, has landed the same gig in the New York office of Heritage.  Definitely not good news for CC's consignors as I heard that Rob was the go to guy and jack of all trades when it came to CC's auctions.  :gossip:

On 2/25/2024 at 11:33 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Battle of the signed 8.0’s. Who shall rise to the top?!

IMG_1666.jpeg

Who rose?  Wait, I just looked. Ooh so close. I was rooting for X-Men because I don't have an ASM1

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-02_032413_www.comiclink.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-03-02_034335_www.comiclink.com.png

Edited by Professor K

On 3/2/2024 at 4:14 AM, Gotham Kid said:

my bid was placed 1 week before end of auction

image.thumb.png.49a6ab75ad18a697f8e81ce65736b789.png

Oh man that is sad to see. I actually thought it would hit 50,000. The restoration looks good from the notes and a lot of it is on the back cover. No cleaning or lightening. Not much color touch or any work on the cover other than the spine. Looks like it could be 6.0 to me.  The perfect copy for someone who want's a real pretty example and doesn't want to spend a half million dollars. 

From the bid history it looks like the high bidder put an insurance bid on top of their already high bid of 46,000, just speculating but if that was me I would have bumped my insurance bid to put it just over 50.  

On 3/2/2024 at 9:51 AM, Professor K said:

No cleaning or lightening.

I'm more in favor of cvr clean and interior lightened than pcs added and color touch

cvr clean by today's standards merits Conserved

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/2/2024 at 5:10 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I'm more in favor of cvr clean and interior lightened than pcs added and color touch

cvr clean by today's standards merits Conserved

Sure me too. This book looks like it didn't need any cleaning I guess was my point. It's like a moderate that has a lot of little restorations , I best it wasn't a bad looking book before it got worked on. 

I didn't bid on or follow any GA Superhero, but I was blown out of the water on all of my 20 GA bids. And these were simply "I'd like to own that" not "gotta have it."

How did SA and BA fare?

On 3/2/2024 at 7:19 AM, whomerjay said:

I didn't bid on or follow any GA Superhero, but I was blown out of the water on all of my 20 GA bids. And these were simply "I'd like to own that" not "gotta have it."

How did SA and BA fare?

From what I saw other than the "grail" type books most continued to go down in price, at least Silver and early Bronze. I tune out at around 1971.