• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,770 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2024 at 8:50 AM, batman_fan said:

I was a bit surprised to see the final hammer on those two

Yeah? Well they are the cream of the crop. And for having only 10 and 11 Blues on the census it seems both have been showing up a lot the past few years. If I was a high grade pedigree collecter guy they both would have went a little higher. :yeehaw:

On 8/28/2024 at 4:09 PM, Professor K said:

Yeah? Well they are the cream of the crop. And for having only 10 and 11 Blues on the census it seems both have been showing up a lot the past few years. If I was a high grade pedigree collecter guy they both would have went a little higher. :yeehaw:

The #10, yes, but there are probably copies out there with better eye appeal than that #9. I'm not surprised that the #9 went for less than the #10. Neither has particularly good cover art, so to me neither is a five-figure book.

On 8/28/2024 at 6:39 PM, batman_fan said:

Not a surprise.  Book rarely comes up for sell in an unrestored grade.

Yeah exactly, I mean maybe the issues discussed about it initially could have turned buyers off and it could have sold for more. Will be tough to know because it truthfully is soo rare to come to auction. Seems solid though.

On 7/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I think you're underestimating how much the rusty staples will hurt the bidding, but we'll see. (I wouldn't buy the book if it were offered to me for $25K.)

Jimbo nails it - Flash #1 barely crosses his $25K estimate to finish at $57,000

On 7/19/2024 at 1:57 AM, Crowzilla said:

Overstreet Good Guide:

Right now $25K, but the new guide is out next week, so maybe.... $27K?

I almost nailed it on the new OS value, but I was far too aggressive thinking it might go up a full 8% and hit $27K in Good. As to not throw the market out of whack, Overstreet applies his usual formula and increases the Good Guide value to $26,800

On 8/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, Crowzilla said:

Overstreet applies his usual formula and increases the Good Guide value to $26,800

I appreciate Overstreet's precision.  Heaven forbid we would think of Flash 1 as worth "about $27,000".

On 8/29/2024 at 2:20 PM, adamstrange said:

I appreciate Overstreet's precision.  Heaven forbid we would think of Flash 1 as worth "about $27,000".

Me too - it's how we know the Guide is so accurate. If he just used rounded off numbers everyone would think he didn't put real effort into it.

But now it's like you can see his thought process: "Flash #1 in Good..., Flash #1 in Good...hmmm... $50,000.... LOL NO!.... $40,000....$30,000?... well it was only $25,000 last year, we can't do a 20% increase...hmmm, $27,000?...close...let's go with $26,800, we don't want to go crazy and crash the market."

Print it - this will make the Guide worth buying this year.

On 8/30/2024 at 2:20 AM, adamstrange said:
On 8/30/2024 at 1:49 AM, Crowzilla said:

Overstreet applies his usual formula and increases the Good Guide value to $26,800

Trust The Process GIFs | Tenor