• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any love for the old Nintendo Power Magazines?
1 1

90 posts in this topic

I seem to remember having even smaller nintendo power mail outs before the actual magazines started. Not 100% sure they were called Nintendo Power but I thought they were. I have one at my parents old house I'll try and pull out next time i'm around. They were probably only 8-12 pages maybe a tad more.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, whetteon said:

Anyways, I've been collecting various issues and I'm thinking of slabbing them in the near future. Any value in these?

On 2/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, FoggyNelson said:

They are cool🆒🆒🆒not sure if they have any value tho🤔🤔🤔🤔

Looks like we got the answer to your question here, although it's probably really still a case of to each their own.  (thumbsu

Especially since although $108K might seem like a pot of gold to some here, it might just be pocket change to some others here:  :takeit:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/magazines/nintendo-power-1-nintendo-of-america-inc-1988-newsstand-edition-cgc-98-nm-mt-white-pages/a/7307-28080.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Magazines:Miscellaneous, Nintendo Power #1 (Nintendo of America, Inc., 1988) [Newsstand Edition] CGC 9.8 NM/MT White Pages....

On 7/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I just happened to stop by the local antique warehouse today, and one of the booths had a number of Nintendo Power issues, so I'm glad this thread is here.  Most of them seemed to be from the mid-90s (as were the Eerie's and Heavy Metal's in the same box). 

Well, if the Nintendo Power issues can hit 6-figures, is there any chance that the early Heavy Metal's in grade might hit 4-figures?  :wishluck:

Although I would somehow highly doubt it, considering that the Heavy Metal magazines was probably more in vogue with collectors back then, whereas the Nintendo Power magazine was really brought more by readers and game users.  hm  (shrug)

This is the last of my Nintendo Power, which are raw copies, it's just nice to see something other than WIZARD play so much apart of the action with some detail and posters still attached.

Hasn't been explored as much per se, the Ninja Gaiden was a personal favorite although I don't play favorites lol

Here are the last two that are more COMIC RELATED NONETHELESS!! 

Gaiden is an under copy raw from issue #15 The Dark Sword of Chaos

The X-men is from issue #67 X-men Mutant Apocalypse 

and the Looney Tunes is 56th issue I believe.Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage

4019399_Full_Rev.jpg

2023_07_18 5_08 PM Office Lens.jpg

2023_07_18 5_14 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM