• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Please define “insane people”....

Most of my Ex's 

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Prove it

Here I am skipping along through the thread to catch up on what I missed and WHAM!664_450.gif.719315013a657a90e692e6c280166d7a.gif

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Use your non-dominant hand

tumblr_lpixf8SMye1qec6f4o1_500.gif.2666467c02f6bfbcf00f68f3676ce8a1.gif

13 minutes ago, kav said:

that and the fact that if you accelerate at one earth gravity for one earth year you would (if it was possible) reach the speed of light make me think this universe is manufactured.

Jeez, I never heard of that one. I need to verify that one on the back of an envelope. hm

15 minutes ago, kav said:

Moon being same apparent size as Sun also suspicious.

Yeah, that seems mighty coincidental as well! 

Just now, PopKulture said:

Jeez, I never heard of that one. I need to verify that one on the back of an envelope. hm

9.8m/sec^2 times 365.25 will get close to 186,000 mps-since earth year always gets longer it was actually perfectly equal few thousand years ago-cant remember exact date.

21 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Yields one of the most beautiful results in mathematics:  e^(i*pi) +1 = 0

How can whole numbers like unity and zero mix so wondrously with transcendential, trigonometric and complex numbers?? :headbang:

Here is a question you might like:

In the proof, why is it ok to rearrange the terms of the Taylor series for e^x?

29 minutes ago, kav said:

You could still say "Pls cancel my order" or even "Thx but I already got elsewhere"
You'll have to do better than that I'm afraid.
We'll need a proof we can sink our teeth into.
Where's the beef.

This doesn't make sense.

If I say I am looking to buy.  I am looking to buy.  

Besides you are trying to evade Greggy by nitpicking my buying desires. lol 

Greggy is gonna own you. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If I say I am looking to buy.  I am looking to buy.  

prove it.

15 minutes ago, Von Cichlid said:

Here is a question you might like:

In the proof, why is it ok to rearrange the terms of the Taylor series for e^x?

I know you are looking for an answer beyond the commutative and distributive properties - yes? The actual mechanics of rearranging of terms? 

7 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I know you are looking for an answer beyond the commutative and distributive properties - yes? The actual mechanics of rearranging of terms? 

I just saw you pointing out that famous relation so I thought you might like the question.  It has to do with the terms of an infinite series not necessarily being commutative, which is some mind blowing stuff.  I never knew it until I had to teach a Cal II class.  The series for e^x converges absolutely, so the terms can be arranged without effecting the sum.  More can be found here if you are interested:  Riemann series theorem - Wikipedia

(I'll stop derailing the thread now.)

Just now, Von Cichlid said:

I just saw you pointing out that famous relation so I thought you might like the question.  It has to do with the terms of an infinite series not necessarily being commutative, which is some mind blowing stuff.  I never knew it until I had to teach a Cal II class.  The series for e^x converges absolutely, so the terms can be arranged without effecting the sum.  More can be found here if you are interested:  Riemann series theorem - Wikipedia

Plus the fact that some infinities are larger than others.

3 minutes ago, Von Cichlid said:

Oh gawd, how brilliant was Riemann? I will check it out! 

After all, we have to embrace rigor in our threads.  :sumo:

Just now, Larryw7 said:

Did he put your bunny rabbit in a boiling.pot?

I can see greggy doing that. :pullhair: