• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I'd admit I was wrong if I had more info

I'm pretty sure that is cgcs position though, although just because the label doesn't say variant or Edition, doesn't mean it isn't one....

I believe that I know cgcs position and have sought to understand the reasoning....

If there is more to know, I welcome it (thumbsu

themoreyouknow.jpe

13 minutes ago, littledoom said:

It's definitely harder to find than the standard foil cover.. somewhat of a B cover.. I think Michael Golden is the cover artists which is awesome

That makes more sense a b over, back in 95 or 96 when it came out might have been a different way of doing things concerning variants and editions than now....or what I'm used to lol

No Worries 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That makes more sense a b over, back in 95 or 96 when it came out might have been a different way of doing things concerning variants and editions than now....or what I'm used to lol

No Worries 

I consider the Punisher #100 ( Michael Golden cover the variant. The Foil Cover was also a Direct version, the Golden was the variant (rare at the time)

380F8F8B-E2CE-42EA-9A24-8867B8470FE1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I consider the Punisher #100 ( Michael Golden cover the variant. The Foil Cover was also a Direct version, the Golden was the variant (rare at the time)

Ya I might have had my wires crossed, trying to understand the cgc label and knowing there is no Newsstand edition of the Michael version

Usually regular covers in distribution would've also got a Newsstand Edition, but when cgc didn't label the Michael version a "variant or Edition " it threw me off

No Worries 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I might have had my wires crossed, trying to understand the cgc label and knowing there is no Newsstand edition of the Michael version

Usually regular covers in distribution would've also got a Newsstand Edition, but when cgc didn't label the Michael version a "variant or Edition " it through me off

No Worries 

It took me a long time to even have CGC recognize both of the covers in the registration. :preach:lol

Just now, nepatkm said:

It took me a long time to even have CGC recognize both of the covers in the registration. :preach:lol

Sure I dont want to step on toes 

I was wrong (thumbsu

Lol I asked for the info, thanks for providing it ^^

12 hours ago, nepatkm said:

It looks like suicide.  See how the hand handles a pistol.

52 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

It looks like suicide.  See how the hand handles a pistol.

That is where the issue was going. Long story shortened. Microchip had Punisher trapped in a building, and Frank fake committed suicide knowing Micro would end up checking/sending someone to confirm his death. Was his escape plan. @JollyComics

34 minutes ago, Bax77 said:
2 hours ago, littledoom said:

Marvel in the mid late 2000s always noted later printings of comics "2nd printing variant" on the cover so I would say so

I remember when the book below came out. Normally it would just be a 2nd print with a slightly different cover but Marvel tried to trick noobs by putting "variant edition" on the cover.

Yup, they are lying scum. Reprints are not variants.

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Daredevil 164

I'm seeing this is a $5-$10 book.