• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Steelrain41 said:

I haven't seen Cap Annual 8 yet so here's my beautiful copy. I have some Golden Age covers that I think are classic covers but I don't think anyone else really knows them...

IMG_20200301_202617026.jpg

I have to disagree with Cap annual #8 being a key simply due to the cover.  First, the interior was done by Zeck.  Secondly, Cap and Wolvie take swipes at each other (which is so awesome to see) And finally, it’s the first appearance of TESS-One.  While not a big deal now, it’s still the first appearance.  As soon as they place him in the MCU, all of you are gonna lose your minds.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Has Defenders 10 been mentioned? Just a great bronze age battle cover that commands more value than surrounding issues. 

Image result for defenders 10

Silver Surfer 4, Silver Surfer 14, Marvel Feature 11, Sub Mariner 8, Fantastic Four 112

Classic "Vs" covers that collector's purchase solely for the cover

Edited by littledoom

12 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Silver Surfer 4, Silver Surfer 14, Marvel Feature 11, Sub Mariner 8, Fantastic Four 112

Classic "Vs" covers that collector's purchase solely for the cover

good catches!

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Punisher 102 .. not sure if mentioned but it's also low print.. sweet Bullseye cover

Perhaps punisher #100 as well the direct LCS edition, since it's not a variant, as well don't recall if it's been mentioned

13 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Punisher 102 .. not sure if mentioned but it's also low print.. sweet Bullseye cover

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Perhaps punisher #100 as well the direct LCS edition, since it's not a variant, as well don't recall if it's been mentioned

Punisher 102 yes-punisher 100 I'm not seeing it.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, littledoom said:

that one is considered a variant tho.. the regular cover is just silver foil and a gun

Not according to cgc, it's not a variant 

The silver is the "foil Edition ", at least according cgc, meaning more a variant imo

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

No it's the regular cover.  The Non foil version.  Technically it's not a variant. 

Although @kav the foil Edition also has a "newsstand barcode copy"

While the one me and wolverinex are talking about is the regular cover, its "rarer to be found" and doesn't have a Newsstand edition

That in lies the confusion also that the foil has a Newsstand, as back then I would think the both the same cover of direct and Newsstand would be considered the normal cover @littledoom

But not in this case  :) @Lazyboy is thus also semi correct?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not according to cgc, it's not a variant 

You care far, far, far too much about how CGC labels things.

I'm just trying to I understand it myself lol

I didn't say cgc was right or wrong, in this phrase, I stated cgc's position

I tagged you in the post where I clarify "My reasoning "

Lol I'd admit I was wrong if I had more info

I'm pretty sure that is cgcs position though, although just because the label doesn't say variant or Edition, doesn't mean it isn't one....

I believe that I know cgcs position and have sought to understand the reasoning....

If there is more to know, I welcome it (thumbsu