• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Trip If you went to the show please feel free to post your pictures as well!!!
3 3

149 posts in this topic

The amazing the great Scott Snyder!!! I love his work just about all of it. I was walking through artist alley today with a friend and looked over and saw him I was blown away because he was not on the guest list and I was so excited! So I ran to get in line to have him sign anything. But apparently there Was some sort of raffle to get a ticket? I was not aware of this and was super bummed out.

i’ve had Scott Snyder sign two books which I didn’t get to talk to him for any length of time. But I did have one amazing experience with him. I was at another booth talking to an artist he happened to walk by and talked to the same artist that I was talking to. After I was done talking and he was done talking I politely asked him if I could get him to sign a few books he said sure. He signed the books and I asked him hey could I ask you a few questions? he said sure then he turned around and his wife and kid were standing with him. I felt horrible I said no please be with your family and I love your work. He said no it was fine to join him. But as a father I had to say no and let him hang out with his family.

84685E38-71C2-43C3-A76F-ADB8A6565517.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Raze said:

One of the great artists in my opinion. The great Neal Adams.

sorry Kneel Atoms so @kav knows who I’m talking about.:roflmao:

C1EE0A5F-1B49-4840-A9B0-A2AD0B56D894.jpeg

HEY EVERYONE!  THE REAL SHOW IS OVER HERE!!!
@Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, kav said:

HEY EVERYONE!  THE REAL SHOW IS OVER HERE!!!
@Buzzetta

Man I love his work and I think he has one of the coolest signatures around. But I cannot justify $50 for just a signature that is insane! He did have a couple pre-done sketches around $300 to $400 Range but even then I still can’t afford it. Also he had some pretty cool prints but even his prints are super expensive.

4 minutes ago, Raze said:

Man I love his work and I think he has one of the coolest signatures around. But I cannot justify $50 for just a signature that is insane! He did have a couple pre-done sketches around $300 to $400 Range but even then I still can’t afford it. Also he had some pretty cool prints but even his prints are super expensive.

dang

Edited by kav

I recently heard that the majority of his sketches are all lightboxed - there was a facebook post where someone found the original artwork behind the cover of a blank comic he was supposed to press for Neal after Neal's crew dropped the book. 

Oh I totally forgot to post these. So I colored these books back in 2017 it was an absolute blast!  Sorry for The bad photos the hotel rooms lighting is not very good.

Well both artists were there this year and I did not forget to bring them! Last year I forgot to bring them and I only got to show them pictures. I didn’t want to crack them out and pay CGC to re-slab them with the added name and pay 2030 bucks so they sign them on the slab which I think is pretty cool.

Both artists said they liked them.

I think that’s where I first talked to @kav I think he did one or two as well maybe I’m wrong?

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, Raze said:

I think that’s where I first talked to @kav I think he did one or two as well maybe I’m wrong?

wow I never even knew I went to R2D2 or whatever!

1 hour ago, Raze said:

last but not least a gift from @Og King k00pa david!

This was not expected at all. I first reached out to him in the C2E2 thread When he had a question. I answered it to the best of my abilities gave him my phone number and we met at the show yesterday. As I stated it was a very nice guy very jovial very outgoing very excited.

Well today I was standing in line to submit a book and he was receiving his book back from CGC which by the way it’s a pretty cool book with the signatures that he got on it maybe David should post post them :baiting:. Only if you’re willing of course. He said thank you for the help and handed me this, I was blown away.

It Was a pretty popular variant this weekend and I did not get one. He was in line for them yesterday and he had to of been maybe the 50th person tops to get a few. It was very thoughtful very cool and I really appreciate it I hope he stays on the boards and becomes a valuable member!

sorry for the pretty bad pic but I’m sure you can find a better scan if you wanted to.

image.jpg

Super happy we met up.  I am in sales so I am always hyper and outgoing lol.  Still feeling a rush from this bad boy coming back 9.8

0301200010.jpg

0301200009.jpg

4 hours ago, Raze said:

Stuart Seyer, If you haven’t seen his art you will now absolute beast and his commissions in the sketch threads are awesome.

7E55C817-3811-4056-ABB8-268803D6AEA1.jpeg

Just a minor correction......that's Stuart Sayger.

He's a super nice guy and an absolutely incredible artist.   If any of you ever happen to see him at a convention, be sure to check out his booth.  His artwork looks even better in person.

And thanks for posting all of the pictures, Raze! :applause:

9 hours ago, Raze said:

I did have one gigantic complaint and it regards our friends here at CGC. I guess I might be a little out of the loop on the new on site grading protocol. so here’s my story, I went to get a witness, That part was easy went picked up a book from an artist. Then at the artist booth the witness put my book in a sealed plastic bag with all pertaining information that he needed to do. Then he proceeds to hand me the bag and tell me I need to go out of the show down the hall through an escalator over a mountain across the river to the 15th story floor to drop off my books.

After getting lost because his explanation of where it was to drop off was not that great I finally got to the line. It took me an hour to drop off one book. I don’t understand why I had to walk the book to them in a different location?I much rather would have taken the book back to the CGC booth and they have it in their possession and they can move the book. I understand that’s a lot of books to move and have people push around but I also didn’t feel comfortable walking through the whole show With the chance that people can bump into me and ruin the book.

That's unacceptable. Not only are the logistics of that absurd but it also eliminates the Signature Series chain of custody. I'm happy I got out of the SS game. CGC has been systematically dismantling it for the past few years. 

8 hours ago, kav said:

wow I never even knew I went to R2D2 or whatever!

Sorry kav, I wasnt clear. I think we first talked in a thread about the coloring books. Did you not color a few of them? I could be mistaken but I sent you a PM and asked how you did got the colors the way you did. Maybe I’m wrong I apologize.

4 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Just a minor correction......that's Stuart Sayger.

He's a super nice guy and an absolutely incredible artist.   If any of you ever happen to see him at a convention, be sure to check out his booth.  His artwork looks even better in person.

And thanks for posting all of the pictures, Raze! :applause:

My apologies! It is Stuart Sayger!!! I was being lazy all weekend using voice text that one didn’t turn out very well did it ha ha Ha and I didn’t edit it before I posted it.

You are right he is awesome to talk to! He likes golden age PCH So we had a few things to talk about.