• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Trip If you went to the show please feel free to post your pictures as well!!!
3 3

149 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, sd2416 said:
10 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Pretty sure that, unlike a lot of the prints of copyrighted characters, you could fairly easily make the case those are satirical and fair use.  The question is do you want to fight the mouse if they come after you, the answer is the mouse probably wouldn't want to risk the case either.

Also, thank you for the awesome show report, @Raze

Didnt they go after a daycare for having their characters painted on the walls?

You cannot beat the Mouse.  Even satire.|
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Pirates#Disney_lawsuit

9 minutes ago, Raze said:

Scan 2020-3-2 21.20.54.jpg

Never noticed it before, but Grogg looks like a prototype for The Abomination.

Nice selection of books.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I did these a few years back when they came out. And I got to show them to the artist! It was cool to hear the response from them.

I asked them to sign the case and they both did, cully Hammer signed the bottom right of Green Arrow and Aaron Lopresti signed the top of the label.

4FF6E5CE-A5F7-424D-B1A6-BBF8A2211105.jpeg

E0F03F9A-B530-4B71-BE5F-717C41110271.jpeg

Now for the last story of the Trip and it starts at last years C2E2.

Last year I was walking artist alley looking around and saw this great Two Face Sketch cover! I really wanted it but had gone over the spending budget and couldnt pull the trigger. So I asked for a doodle and he did an Awesome Riddler sketch on the side of my Comic sketch folio.

I told the artist (Criss Madd) it was awesome and said Thank You and went on my way.

A few months after the show I had some money and found him on facebook and he had done 2-3 shows since C2E2 so I thought  it was gone.

This year I saw him on the C2E2 list and thought man Im stoping buy to get a commission of Riddler since I liked his doodle he did for me. And what was on his table...The Two Face Sketch! So I got it instead of the commission since it was somewhat of a regret that I didnt get it last year. Also it was his first graded book, and a CGC 9.8 to boot.

Im also posting his Crypt Keeper which was SICK and his very detailed DCEASED! Was not able to get ether one Unfortunately.

image.jpg

F79816A5-9FAD-433F-B833-0EE6791F094B.jpeg

71E0C16F-4EF7-4294-9045-B5FA3C58CC21.jpeg

6243C121-19B5-48A1-A719-016E8E4BD45A.jpeg

CA90CD1F-307A-4552-9BE3-9EFDD01520D7.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Raze

10 hours ago, Raze said:

OOPS!!! I forgot this one as well

Informer 1....Ive wanted this book since I first saw it a few years back and only had 1 chance to buy 1 and it was way to much, but I got this for around OSPG. Moral of this book dont be a Stoolie!

Scan 2020-3-2 21.21.34.jpg

A licky boom boom down. Stitches won't fix him!