• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May the Force be with you! Star Wars Signature Series Thread!
7 7

441 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2023 at 4:12 PM, dbcn said:

IG-88 by Bill Hargraves - thanks to AlphaOmega for the facilitation and the extra pic of the the book actually being signed!

IG88_hargraves.jpg

IG88_hargraves_signing.jpg

Did you have more than one signed by chance?

I'd love to pick one up. Where was this signing?

I've been caught up in family stuff (mom just died after an 18-month ordeal) and haven't been paying attention to con appearances.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:11 PM, dbcn said:

Ian McDiarmid:

Was hoping for at least a 9.6 on this one (no noticeable defects...), but unfortunately, this book picked up a 'very small crease right bottom of front cover' during its time at CGC/CCS....

Still looks nice tho.

sw50_emperor_afv_94.jpg

I like the choice of ink color on this one too - matches the figure background and name banner. It really pops against that really dark costume element.

Don't fret the 9.4 - this is a notoriously tough book because of the super thin cover stock that is prone to color rub.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:24 PM, celluloidbuff said:

Did you have more than one signed by chance?

I'd love to pick one up. Where was this signing?

Just got the one @celluloidbuff - he was signing at the Cincinnati Comic Expo. 

I highly recommend keeping an eye on https://comiconomicon.com/universe/4/Star_Wars for upcoming appearances - he pops up occasionally. Quite a few people (are you a 'celebrity' if you stood in a an alien costume for 10m 40 years ago?) show up at lower profile shows that it's hard to find a facilitator for.

& thx for the note on the Emperor book - I'm more annoyed that the crease happened while the book was at CGC than the 9.4 - I have pics of the original book and it looks flawless, but there's no recourse now...

On 1/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, dbcn said:

Just got the one @celluloidbuff - he was signing at the Cincinnati Comic Expo. 

I highly recommend keeping an eye on https://comiconomicon.com/universe/4/Star_Wars for upcoming appearances - he pops up occasionally. Quite a few people (are you a 'celebrity' if you stood in a an alien costume for 10m 40 years ago?) show up at lower profile shows that it's hard to find a facilitator for.

& thx for the note on the Emperor book - I'm more annoyed that the crease happened while the book was at CGC than the 9.4 - I have pics of the original book and it looks flawless, but there's no recourse now...

Thanks for the link! That'll be handy for sure.

And you're absolutely correct on the creature actors / puppeteers / effects people at smaller shows without facilitators. I've been super lucky with some of those I've been able to add. Have Hargreaves on a few others in my collection, just not this newest iteration of IG-88.

Did the crease on SW #50 break color? Would it be worth a press and re-grade?

Just got back this from SWAU's facilitation of New York Comic Con.  Love the placement and the quote!  Though, it looks like SWAU messed up the signing date since NYCC was in October, not August.  I might leave it as is because I don't want to risk something happening to it from sending it back.

CGC2807936-015_OBV.jpg

On 1/31/2024 at 5:38 PM, frank4713 said:

Just got back this from SWAU's facilitation of New York Comic Con.  Love the placement and the quote!  Though, it looks like SWAU messed up the signing date since NYCC was in October, not August.  I might leave it as is because I don't want to risk something happening to it from sending it back.

CGC2807936-015_OBV.jpg

That looks amazing! Congrats! 

i wouldn’t send it back to CGC, although label changes seem like they should be the least risky.. (key word being should…)

On 1/31/2024 at 5:51 PM, dbcn said:

That looks amazing! Congrats! 

i wouldn’t send it back to CGC, although label changes seem like they should be the least risky.. (key word being should…)

Thank you! Yeah, I'm inclined to leave it as is.  Doesn't really affect anything material.

On 2/4/2024 at 10:49 PM, smarkjobber said:

Sabine by Jeehyung Lee

Totally blown away by this cover - really like his work, and... I don't see any other SW Jeehyung work... is this is first Star Wars art..? 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:53 AM, dbcn said:

Totally blown away by this cover - really like his work, and... I don't see any other SW Jeehyung work... is this is first Star Wars art..? 

Yeah, I had only seen a small Rey sketch before and he also did an Ahsoka for these commissions, but afaik no Marvel SW work. One of the reasons I asked him for Sabine instead of like Black Cat or Harley who he has done a bunch.