• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, the blob said:

At least the big chains. I honestly think trump wouldn't allow closure, he practically just said so. NYC is going into lockdown. Sucks to be me.

MTA and LIRR to most likely shut down by the middle to end of the week. 

10 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Still sealed. Snow White paper. Scarce in any condition...

SAM_3364.thumb.JPG.a718d0cdd2dcfde0f5888241de7df26e.JPG

Commercially yes.  But don't be fooled.  I hear that there's a whole lot in private collections  :gossip:

Edited by pemart1966

6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

I don't trust the numbers out  of China. I think the party has made the decision to put the health of their economy ahead of the health of their citizens and are controlling the narrative accordingly. :whatev:

Neither do I.  You can't trust anything out of there  A high ranking diplomatic spokesman is denying that the virus originated in China but is rather a US planted virus.

Does anyone truly think that the MD that first sounded the alarm died of the virus?  

I think more people have been selling on the boards recently (and higher quality stuff too).  Agree or disagree?

6 minutes ago, piper said:

I think more people have been selling on the boards recently (and higher quality stuff too).  Agree or disagree?

I dunno tbh. But you can go sort by date created to see how many threads a day are being created. It doesn't fully answer your question, but one could compare the number of sales threads being created over the course of several weeks, were a person so motivated. (And I'm not :P )

6 minutes ago, piper said:

Definitely agree, at some great prices too.  Wish I could partake, but the bargains in the stock market are eating up all my disposable cash right now.

8 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Been following comic auctions tonight and I am not seeing any deals, comics I thought had little demand are getting record prices.

FF 48 7.5

HA 2040

GPA 2530

FF 49 6.5

HA: 540

GPA: 713

FF 49 7.5

HA: 990

GPA: 1230

ASM 14 6.5

HA 1740

GPA 2500

ASM 4 7.5

HA 2880

GPA 3560

ASM 3 5

HA 1920

GPA 2300

ASM 2 

HA 1740

GPA 2182

I think its fair for me to say these are big books at good deals even with sales tax.

Had to go to two different Save On Foods (Canadian supermarket) before finding any three-ply toilet paper. Now to convince the wife to unravel each roll and re-roll the TP into 3 separate one-ply rolls I can sell online! :idea:

2 hours ago, greggy said:

Got the last two bottles of distilled water for my CPAP machine and some overpriced canned soup. :flipbait:

Government email told non-critical workers to stay home until April 5th and not even attempt to access the system.  

35 minutes ago, gotpong said:

I think its fair for me to say these are big books at good deals even with sales tax.

Yes, I think it's also fair to say that all of the books which you have listed are Marvel SA books which is just only one segment of the overall comic book market. :gossip:

What are the stats like for other segments of the market so that we can have a much more comprehensive picture of the overall vintage collectible comic book market?  hm

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I think it's also fair to say that all of the books which you have listed are Marvel SA books which is just only one segment of the overall comic book market. :gossip:

What are the stats like for other segments of the market so that we can have a much more comprehensive picture of the overall vintage collectible comic book market?  hm

Yes exactly. The ones I was looking at (rare golden age books) did not sell at any prices I would call deals.

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Government email told non-critical workers to stay home until April 5th and not even attempt to access the system.  

Is this on leave without pay or is this going to be on the taxpayer's dime in terms of Paid Covid-19 leave?  :bigsmile: