• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BIGJIMMY said:
4 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I have to go grocery shopping right now. Not looking forward to it. I didn’t want to stock up on all this emergency stuff but for the past several weeks the local Facebook group has been saying everyone is out of toilet paper so I guess I better grab what I can find before I’m wiping on the curtains 

It`s crazy but for some reason tp is the hot item. I picked up 4 rolls today. lol. 

You guys realize you can wash in the tub. Toilet paper is not a necessity.

Now running water is. If that stops, then the great extinction event begins.

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I have to be honest, if the world runs out of toilet paper and people turn to other means, than there won't be alot of 9.8s in white pages anymore...I can see those going up considerably 

Before the advent of modern toilet paper many different materials were used for the same purposes. Different materials were used depending upon the country, weather conditions, social customs and status. People used leaves, grass, ferns, corn cobs, maize, fruit skins, SEASHELLS, stone, sand, moss, snow and water.
So, early TP roll:
No photo description available.

18 minutes ago, kav said:

Before the advent of modern toilet paper many different materials were used for the same purposes. Different materials were used depending upon the country, weather conditions, social customs and status. People used leaves, grass, ferns, corn cobs, maize, fruit skins, SEASHELLS, stone, sand, moss, snow and water.
So, early TP roll:
No photo description available.

I think its regional too

This is Arizona toilet paper 

I heard its selling for $1000 in 9.8

a77ea4c9-b0af-476e-a789-e8093b413753.jpg

51 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

1st world actually. It's the preferred way.

Bidet anyone?

In Southeast Asia, every airport restroom, restaurant restroom, hotel restroom, most apartments all have  a bum gun. I feel weird when I'm somewhere that doesn't. Seems almost... uncivilized to NOT!

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.36.07 PM.png

5 hours ago, AcesN8s said:

will trade for a CGC 9.4 copy of Hero For Hire #1   :idea:

ASoftL.jpg

Frankly I keep on hearing about TP shortages but all the stores around me have plenty. I have over 100 jumbo roles, I think we are fine. We use one about every 2-3 days

9 hours ago, BIGJIMMY said:

Just turned 27, but feel like 50 with all the construction and lumberjack work I did over the years. Well, here is what I did today because of this virus.

I bought this at the supermarket.

Chile x16
Lental x32
Tuna x12
Pb x5
Gumbo soup x6
Pasta sauce x6
Pasta x8
Parma cheese x1
Corn x12
Green bean x12
Mixed vegie x4
Fruit cocktail x32 cups
Pear x6
Peach x5
Pineapple x3
Mandarins x2
Oatmeal x55 servings (2 packets worth)
Cliff bars x24
20 lb rice

Why did I buy this? I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to try to close super markets and fast food joints next.

So I have a month supply of food.

I hope I am way off on this.

God bless.

Big Jim.

They're not closing supermarkets. But supply chains could get messed up. While I have 2 fridges I am regretting not having a floor freezer. 

5 hours ago, BIGJIMMY said:

My younger sister just bought a freezer because of this virus. She is getting lots of meats and chicken just in case. I think you are right about supermarkets, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I am all good now as I have a month supply of food. One thing though I realized was I never knew how heavy bottled water is. That bottled water was the heaviest stuff I had to lift.

disclaimer my tap water is carp.

If I had the room for a freezer I’d have one already. 

4 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I’m sure they’d consider it pretty third world if they had to bathe in their bidet too 

You'd be surprised.

A lot of people use the shower after going to the bathroom. And many cultures don't use the same bathroom practices that the West does.

But if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty (I read about and studied the colon for years) if your body is tuned and working properly, you really shouldn't even need much toilet paper. :shy:

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You'd be surprised.

A lot of people use the shower after going to the bathroom. And many cultures don't use the same bathroom practices that the West does.

Few things in this world are worse than an Afghan National Army port-o-John...