• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

I’m turning 40 this year and when I joined these boards I’m pretty sure I was on the younger side compared to most here. Seems like it’s still the same crowd it was so I’d imagine 50-60 Average age is more accurate 

Mostly Boomers and Gen Xers I'd say. I have no idea where this virus that is century's old is going to take us. But as of right now spending money on comics is last on my list. My CGC slabs on Ebay aren't even getting new views right now so I'm sure there are many people putting comics on the back burner.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Didn't we do an boardie age poll a while back? Seemed like the majority of us were in the 40-50 range. Which is why we're all going to retire at the same time, try to cash out at the same time, and destroy the market at the same time.

I spend the vast bulk of my time on the GA Board.  So that's what I was commenting on.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Didn't we do an boardie age poll a while back? Seemed like the majority of us were in the 40-50 range. Which is why we're all going to retire at the same time, try to cash out at the same time, and destroy the market at the same time.

not if i do it before you :insane: sell sell sell :shy: 

Here's the poll I was thinking of. Of course it's just a sampling, but the majority seemed to be, as I thought, 40's and 50s, with 51-55 just edging out 41-45.

Personally, I'm 43, but I don't look a day over 72.

Headline: "The state of Oklahoma used over half its daily capacity of coronavirus tests on the Utah Jazz organization" -- https://sports.yahoo.com/the-state-of-oklahoma-used-over-half-its-daily-supply-of-covid-19-tests-on-the-utah-jazz-organization-164110976.html

I don't know if this is tragic or comical.  

4 minutes ago, BIGJIMMY said:

Just turned 27, but feel like 50 with all the construction and lumberjack work I did over the years. Well, here is what I did today because of this virus.

I bought this at the supermarket.

Chile x16
Lental x32
Tuna x12
Pb x5
Gumbo soup x6
Pasta sauce x6
Pasta x8
Parma cheese x1
Corn x12
Green bean x12
Mixed vegie x4
Fruit cocktail x32 cups
Pear x6
Peach x5
Pineapple x3
Mandarins x2
Oatmeal x55 servings (2 packets worth)
Cliff bars x24
20 lb rice

Why did I buy this? I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to try to close super markets and fast food joints next.

So I have a month supply of food.

I hope I am way off on this.

God bless.

Big Jim.

I see a glaring lack of Sprite, Campbell's chicken noodle soup, and Dayquil.  Did you learn nothing from the ancestors?

I have to go grocery shopping right now. Not looking forward to it. I didn’t want to stock up on all this emergency stuff but for the past several weeks the local Facebook group has been saying everyone is out of toilet paper so I guess I better grab what I can find before I’m wiping on the curtains 

Just got back from the store. They didn’t even have regular hand soap. I was at the checkout and I had 10 boxes of frozen Mac n cheese to get them for half off when the cashier said I could only buy 5 of any identical item. I said the deal is for 10 and he said they’re a buck each anyway so I put 5 back. Then he explained why they can’t restock on water to keep up with demand and it has to do with the store being limited to 4500 items per delivery and a crate of water counts as 300 items. Each water bottle is counted individually. Makes me think it will be a while before water is stocked up in stores again 

Yeah, I have a filter and our water out here is good. But I also work construction and typically go through a case a week. It’s not a huge deal to me, but it is annoying. I’m more worried about the toilet paper

1 minute ago, Rip said:

Only the box

1 minute ago, greggy said:
2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Only the box

Shouldn't you be preparing to not buy or slab with @Domo Arigato 

Sorry for your loss (:

:jokealert::tink: