• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I'm new to this thread and this book is new to my GA collection.......could look at this book over and over and never stop loving it !!!

Fishbone detective29.jpg

Hey Fish nice books and welcome. If I can ask, where did you find the Tec #29 and is it unrestored?

hello all...

naturally, will let Fish chime in to substantiate, but in the interim, I think this is the ebay copy from a few months back, john? from AZ that had the "burnt" looking scans/jpgs...it hit metro's site 2 or so weeks after the auction was over, and lasted a day!

gator

re: Tec 29 from Fishbone:

Well, you're sort of correct----------it was from Metro but it wasn't listed only 2 or so weeks ago -- more like 3+ months ago, so I'm not sure about the timing you have-- did another TEC 29 possibly come and go at Metro that I'm not aware of ?? Also, I haven't been on e-Bay for awhile so I'm not sure about that part either....................but I did jump on it pretty quickly (it was only about one or two days at the most listed)...it was described by Stephen as "VG cover but overall GD due to "some" brittleness of interior pages".....it actually looks a lot better than his description over the phone to me , which I was really happy about..I'd be curious if anyone could hazard a guess as to what I paid for it, or even what they would have OFFERED Stephen based on that description and based on my scan (just for fun....I really wanted it, so I paid what I paid, but I guess I need some affirmation.......)

Fish

PS Oh yeah-----it actually is unrestored as well..........

Edited by fishbone

re: Tec 29 from Fishbone:

Well, you're sort of correct----------it was from Metro but it wasn't listed only 2 or so weeks ago -- more like 3+ months ago, so I'm not sure about the timing you have-- did another TEC 29 possibly come and go at Metro that I'm not aware of ?? Also, I haven't been on e-Bay for awhile so I'm not sure about that part either....................but I did jump on it pretty quickly (it was only about one or two days at the most listed)...it was described by Stephen as "VG cover but overall GD due to "some" brittleness of interior pages".....it actually looks a lot better than his description over the phone to me , which I was really happy about..I'd be curious if anyone could hazard a guess as to what I paid for it, or even what they would have OFFERED Stephen based on that description and based on my scan (just for fun....I really wanted it, so I paid what I paid, but I guess I need some affirmation.......)

Fish

hey fish...

the 2 weeks was in reference to the book showing up on metros site about 2 weeks after the ebay auction ended, and that was at least 2-3 months ago I saw it, and it was on their site for only 1 day...so you jumped quick!

great pick up

rick

Fish I'm betting you had to pay at least 7 bills for your copy? Still its a great book and if the pages are too brittle then what the heck its a great book and probably won't get hanled too often. I seem to recall that the copy that was on EBay was subject to great debate but I don't know what became of it. Was either bought or being sold by a board member?

Fish I'm betting you had to pay at least 7 bills for your copy? Still its a great book and if the pages are too brittle then what the heck its a great book and probably won't get hanled too often. I seem to recall that the copy that was on EBay was subject to great debate but I don't know what became of it. Was either bought or being sold by a board member?

the book sold on ebay for just over $8K...I assume Fish dropped $9500 on it...

gator

the book sold on ebay for just over $8K...I assume Fish dropped $9500 on it...

gator

$9500!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????

Please tell me you have a typo happening here.

Sorry, rick -- I must have been reading your comment at 2 in the AM and half-asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it seems it is THAT E-bay to Metro book. And seven bills sealed it. How the heck does a guy pay 8 on E-bay and 2 weeks later sells and gets 7 less Metro's cut ?? Anyway, thanks for your expert opinions -- makes me feel like I did alright...........

FISH

Sorry, rick -- I must have been reading your comment at 2 in the AM and half-asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it seems it is THAT E-bay to Metro book. And seven bills sealed it. How the heck does a guy pay 8 on E-bay and 2 weeks later sells and gets 7 less Metro's cut ?? Anyway, thanks for your expert opinions -- makes me feel like I did alright...........

FISH

whatthe Wow thats a great price fishbone (thumbs u

Nice pick-up Fish!!! I was actually the underbidder of that book when it was on ebay and lost by $1k I believe. I think my max bid was around $7k, so it seems like a fair price to me. Congrats again on the book. A true Tec classic cover!