• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

tec71.jpg

very happy with this ebay purchase...a real bargain!

gator

so that was you! I was watching but passed when the price got above $500 given my long tab for a stack of Detectives I am picking up. good buy Rick!

I actually had just paid $500 for a gd+ copy, just to fill the hole in my run...so, to get a nice looking vg+, I was more than happy to pony up a few extra bucks!

gator

Nice book Rick!!!!

Can't beat a black Joker cover :applause:

Ditto!!!!

Nice pick-up Rick! I was actually watching that book as well, but decided on the double cover I picked up. I was actively bidding on their Tec 58, but lost out as I had bid my max.

Well, it's been a while since someone has posted a Tec book.. I might was well break the dry spell and post this up.. My very first DOUBLE COVER book! Very happy with this OO purchase :cloud9:

detective48doublecover.jpg

Detective48adoublecover.jpg

Nice Brian!

Well done sir :applause:

Thanks Ronaldo.. I'm definitely happy wiht the purchase.. Now I need a triple cover lol

Wow!!! :o(worship).. So what's the grade on those books? Are they unrestored or restored?

All have some degree of restoration

the #27 had a small piece replaced middle of cover...The book is signed inside by Bill Finger

the 28 and 29 obtained at Sotheby's 'light' restoration.....jon

Wow!!! :o(worship).. So what's the grade on those books? Are they unrestored or restored?

All have some degree of restoration

the #27 had a small piece replaced middle of cover...The book is signed inside by Bill Finger

the 28 and 29 obtained at Sotheby's 'light' restoration.....jon

Ahh very nice! Impressive books! :cloud9: All 3 are a Pre-robin Tec collector's dream

I posted this a couple of years ago but noone could give a clear answer as to whether it might be the Church copy. Taken from an Al Capps ad from Collectors Showcase, 1991. Would be very interested in comments from the experts who have joined since then. One of you told me about a particular defect on the Church copy that I can't see on the (poor) picture.

ac_tec27.jpg