• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Almost there....just need to find a half-decent Bats #8 and I'm done my run of #1-#10 !!!! Here's #5.

:gossip: I've got a #11 if you need one.

i wonder if anyone knows of anyone with an AW 8 that might be for sale :baiting:

Almost there....just need to find a half-decent Bats #8 and I'm done my run of #1-#10 !!!! Here's #5.

:gossip: I've got a #11 if you need one.

i wonder if anyone knows of anyone with an AW 8 that might be for sale :baiting:

oops..........should have said #1-11 run (I actually have an 11 as well)....Thanks, though,it's definitely a top cover of mine!!

batman5.jpg

FISH

Nice one Fish. I love that issue.

wow, some really great pick ups lately ladies and gentlemen...congrats to all!

cool beans...but your next bday present should be a new scanner :baiting:

This scanner is brand new !!!! (arghhh!)...those CGC containers just don't scan well.....I will have to stick to using the old digital camera on the CGC'd books!

This scanner is brand new !!!! (arghhh!)...those CGC containers just don't scan well.....I will have to stick to using the old digital camera on the CGC'd books!

On my scanner I have to push the book all the way forward and press the slab above the scan button. This way does get 85% of the slab, maybe more. It takes practice is all.

Here's my copy of Detective comics #45 just in. This is the book responsible for all my ranting about Tec #45 vs. Batman #4 so if OS ever corrects the info in the guide, I want you all hold this book and myself personally responsible.

tec45-1.jpg

Edited by comic$relief

On my scanner I have to push the book all the way forward and press the slab above the scan button. This way does get 85% of the slab, maybe more. It takes practice is all.

Well, I'll just have to make the extra effort and go the photography route....here they are looking just a wee bit prettier..............................

captainamerica2002.jpg

captainamerica2003.jpg

:banana:

Edited by fishbone

batman5.jpg

FISH

Guy Holcombe! Fishler and I split this collection back around 1987 or so...Some beautiful books!

batman5.jpg

FISH

Guy Holcombe! Fishler and I split this collection back around 1987 or so...Some beautiful books!

One of the best things about these Boards is the incredible amount of history that we all can share about our books!!!!! Imagine, you recognizing a book that you had dealings with over 20 years ago.......amazing insight and info....Thank you.

FISH

Edited by fishbone

This one I have had for a while...

The spine is split with tape holding covers together..

File0019.jpg

I won the cover on the bottom copy [ front and back only] on ebay recently..

I married the cover on my coverless copy..

The staples seem to align to the cover pretty good :gossip:

File0015.jpg