• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

loldoh!

(As an aside, Detective Comics 1 was put out as a single-issue reprint some time ago. I don't think reading it will send you racing out to find the other issues, but it's a fun read.)

:acclaim:

So we might never be able to read the pre-hero stuff then.... thats too bad. What were they thinking. All those cool Tec stories from 1-26 will never be available then.
just buy single issues of tec 1-26...problem solved!

hm - how much should I charge DC?

So we might never be able to read the pre-hero stuff then.... thats too bad. What were they thinking. All those cool Tec stories from 1-26 will never be available then.

I would trade the use of your books for an Action 1 lol

They will be at your feet.

I'm very pleased to have picked this one up. I've wanted a pre-Robin Tec for many a year, but wasn't sure it would ever happen. Woo! :banana:

68954.jpg

Fantastic, Jon!! That's probably my fav non-Batman cover pre-Robin Batman TEC! (whew!) Plus, it has part two of the monk story, so the interior of that book must be GREAT!!

....I don't care as long as I get first shot at Tec 1-3 and 8 :cloud9:

....I don't care as long as I get first shot at Tec 1-3 and 8 :cloud9:

hm

If I was to sell (a highly uunlikely scenario) the #3 I'm duty bound to offer it to RareHighGrade first.

Thanks a lot guys for the kind comments. This book was in Brent's recent auctions. (It was actually a CFO copy... but sneaky me, I had a nice centerfold from another copy all ready to go.) ;)

The Batman story inside probably won't win any plotting awards, but it's a real hoot, and I love the primitive early art.

I kinda feel like a sheep for admitting it, but the recent Dark Knight movie really rekindled my interest in the early Batman books. In the last few months, I've been picking up quite a few nice Batbooks (this one definitely being the highlight) when circumstance and budget have allowed.