• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Acquired this 20 from 143ksk. My first pre-Batman Tec.

Detective-20.jpg

Great book Szelim. It is considered a key pre-hero DC. Congrats. :applause:

I can do this all night with this beauty.....

Hey Szelim, could you please post pics of the Crimson Avenger story? Always wanted to see his very first app, and the story. Pretty please ?

The story was OK, if a little convoluted. It's not an origin story, in case you were wondering.

well I guess I should post one of my recent pickups, sorry for the bad pic (used my G1 phone to take it)

Detective36.jpg

Way cool! :headbang:

And a book from the Guy Holcombe collection at that.

well I guess I should post one of my recent pickups, sorry for the bad pic (used my G1 phone to take it)

Detective36.jpg

Cool John...what is the grade?

A good but looks much better IMO

Detective36.jpg

Cool John...what is the grade?

A good but looks much better IMO

Congrats John! One of the toughest Tec books to find! (worship)

Thanks Brian , is it that tough really? I heard that from a few others too
dude, I broke down the "windex" scale for you in 1koko's selling thread, you know it is tough (thumbs u

the only "cheap" 36 I remember seeing was the 3.0 slightly brittle paged copy ronaldo picked up in SD 2 years ago (maybe it was 3 now)...he got it for about 1.5x guide...

I think I always had to pay about 3x guide to get a copy (like 3.5x guide for the crippen 4.5 if I recall)

the only "cheap" 36 I remember seeing was the 3.0 slightly brittle paged copy ronaldo picked up in SD 2 years ago (maybe it was 3 now)...he got it for about 1.5x guide...

I think I always had to pay about 3x guide to get a copy (like 3.5x guide for the crippen 4.5 if I recall)

3x guide seems like a solid number, and makes me even happier knowing that

3x guide seems like a solid number, and makes me even happier knowing that

you did good John :)