• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

The slabbed 8.5 copy of this scarce origin and first appearance of the Mad Hatter just sold on comiclink's May Aucticon for over $2300. Here's my copy bought many moons ago:

Gorgeous copy - looks like a VF/NM to me!

The slabbed 8.5 copy of this scarce origin and first appearance of the Mad Hatter just sold on comiclink's May Aucticon for over $2300. Here's my copy bought many moons ago:

Actually, there is a bit of spine wear which is not visible from the scan. I think it would get an 8.0 or 8.5. Another board member had the book in hand just yesterday and he believes it's an 8.0. I never realized it was kind of a big book but people have told me that Mad Hatter is still a member of Batman's Rogues Gallery and still figures in the continuity of the character. People have also said it's very tough to find--especailly in grade. I think there's only 5 or 6 (if that many) in the current census.

I wish I wasnt so lazy.. I just picked up a raw 110, and 201. Plus the other 6 BA issue numbers i listed in the "this week in your collection".

I have passed 10% complete of my run though! 50-850 will be done in no time (thats a joke) I am actually trying to figure out where I will keep all those slabs

Actually, there is a bit of spine wear which is not visible from the scan. I think it would get an 8.0 or 8.5. Another board member had the book in hand just yesterday and he believes it's an 8.0. I never realized it was kind of a big book but people have told me that Mad Hatter is still a member of Batman's Rogues Gallery and still figures in the continuity of the character. People have also said it's very tough to find--especailly in grade. I think there's only 5 or 6 (if that many) in the current census.

Just checked the census; there's 9 in the census with 1 8.5 and 1 7.5 being the two highest. Will have to have it slabbed one day.

I wish I wasnt so lazy.. I just picked up a raw 110, and 201. Plus the other 6 BA issue numbers i listed in the "this week in your collection".

I have passed 10% complete of my run though! 50-850 will be done in no time (thats a joke) I am actually trying to figure out where I will keep all those slabs

I'll help you store them :shy:

I'll help you store them :shy:

Very kind of you sir. I just started the 4th CGC box this week, and have a few on the way. Next is the value tier submissions, which will clear out the raw GA-BA I have collected.

This 72 came along with the 20.

Detective-72.jpg

You make it sound like an afterthought. I appreciate the pre-Batman Detectives, but as for me--give me Batman Detectives any day of the week. Beautiful copy. I believe I have a book or two with that SN on the cover. I'll have to peruse my collection one day. And I love the yellows on your 72!! Congrats!

Detective-72.jpg

You make it sound like an afterthought. I appreciate the pre-Batman Detectives, but as for me--give me Batman Detectives any day of the week. Beautiful copy. I believe I have a book or two with that SN on the cover. I'll have to peruse my collection one day. And I love the yellows on your 72!! Congrats!

Love that full date stamp :)

Detective-72.jpg

the SN signifies the Cookeville Tn find of years back...I too, have several SN copies (thumbs u

Detective-72.jpg

The Batman Tecs are of course what made the Tecs a hit, no question there. But I find the other stories in the old Tecs just as neat. It's an opportunity to read hero stories people were into back then, before superhero stories completely dominated hero comics.