• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

everytime I look at these books I keep telling myself I need to liquidate my SA collection and start on GA. there just seems to be just way too much fun had. lol

that is a smart move... a smart move indeed.... I started out as a SA collector in the 80's... by the 90's had sold them all and moved onto GA (thumbs u

everytime I look at these books I keep telling myself I need to liquidate my SA collection and start on GA. there just seems to be just way too much fun had. lol

that is a smart move... a smart move indeed.... I started out as a SA collector in the 80's... by the 90's had sold them all and moved onto GA (thumbs u

Yep, wish I had a silver age collection to sell, I just have to work more hours :cry:

I came to the boards to buy spider-mans within 6 months of being on the boards 97% of them were sold and my journey into GA had begun lol no regrets you can always find spideys but some of the GA listed here is (worship)

I came to the boards to buy spider-mans within 6 months of being on the boards 97% of them were sold and my journey into GA had begun lol no regrets you can always find spideys but some of the GA listed here is (worship)

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I DO like my GA... but nothing will get me to ditch my Spidey issues. :sumo:

(thumbs u

yeah, nothing wrong with indulging in both,. if you can afford it that is. (shrug)

(thumbs u

yeah, nothing wrong with indulging in both,. if you can afford it that is. (shrug)

I held on to the pedigrees and never looked back :whee:

(thumbs u

My Spidey's went to pay for GA many years ago. They were my first big purchase for my collection and took me 6 months to pay off. I still miss them. :sorry:

(thumbs u

lol You haven't seen much of what I collect! As a high school teacher, low grades are my game, as they're pretty much what I CAN afford!-)

(thumbs u

lol You haven't seen much of what I collect! As a high school teacher, low grades are my game, as they're pretty much what I CAN afford!-)

well said Forrest and I can relate as a fellow boardee junior high/high school teacher (thumbs u

I like some of those Detective stories more than Batman comics.

This looks like Batman on Broadway and it is also a Joker story.

Nice cover too. I need another copy of that cover. Without the corner missing please.

4289077174_b88ebaf6e5.jpg3192400617_70f2a74cd5.jpg

Just arrived from across the pond. Special thanks to George(1Koko).

sc005ec9d3.jpg

sc005eb653.jpg

Holy FUD (worship):o^^:luhv:

When you dive, you dive into the deep end of the pool Andre. I am one jealous SOB right about now.

Thanks. I've realized life is to short, if you can do it go for it. I was one of those guys who was always planning for the future. I nearly died this summer and came to the conclusion to enjoy every day cause it could well come to an end very quickly. With that said I'm not blowing my future retirement plans for books. I'm refocussing on enjoying life, spending more time with kids, family vacations etc. Collecting these books makes me very happy, I have involved my 7 yr old daughter in collecting as well. Nothing puts a smile on a father's face more than their little girl talking about multiple of guide for pre robin TECS :roflmao:

post a group shot of all your Pre Robins when they are complete (thumbs u

sc005ec9d3.jpg

sc005eb653.jpg

When you dive, you dive into the deep end of the pool Andre. I am one jealous SOB right about now.

Thanks. I've realized life is to short, if you can do it go for it. I was one of those guys who was always planning for the future. I nearly died this summer and came to the conclusion to enjoy every day cause it could well come to an end very quickly. With that said I'm not blowing my future retirement plans for books. I'm refocussing on enjoying life, spending more time with kids, family vacations etc. Collecting these books makes me very happy, I have involved my 7 yr old daughter in collecting as well. Nothing puts a smile on a father's face more than their little girl talking about multiple of guide for pre robin TECS :roflmao:

I am sure it will be MOST impressive when he does (thumbs u

sc005ec9d3.jpg

sc005eb653.jpg

I am sure it will be MOST impressive when he does (thumbs u
:cool:

Me three. Awesome 36 and 37 Andre.Hurry with the group shot already. There are many of us anxiously waiting. With all these 37s popping up we might need to re-evaluate the scarcity between the 36 and 37. 36 suddenly has become harder to come by.within the last year I have owned 4 copies of 37 compared to just 1 copy of 36.