• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I can finally post in this thread, well as an owner now anyway. :banana:

much thanks to the flying one. love this book!

DetectiveComics44.jpg

That is about the nicest 4.5 I have ever seen. WOW :banana:

Love the colors and it does look higher! Looks better than some of my 5.0's! :applause:

#41 is a nice angry batman cover.

Here is a pic of my low grade 45. And as a fun fact about my collection - this particular Detective 45 is my lowest graded book I own (besides coverless books). It is a CGC 1.0 Restored w/ Brittle Pages. Can a grade get much worse? Nope. But I have had this guy for a long time and have grown fond of him. And the brittle pages have not had any pieces flying around in the case. Enough rambling, here it is...

IMG_0965.jpg

I remember at least 15 yrs ago or so I bought this "raw" from a dealer who graded this copy as a VG+,,,I thought the grade was a bit undergraded even though it has a name penciled on the top front cover...

After submitting it to CGC, they graded it as:

file0206.jpg

I remember at least 15 yrs ago or so I bought this "raw" from a dealer who graded this copy as a VG+,,,I thought the grade was a bit undergraded even though it has a name penciled on the top front cover...

file0206.jpg

Great copy you got there! And oh man, I bet you got it for a deal when you got it. The grader must have been a rookie - or an old man on some drug. lol

That is a 7.0 and it looks like a 7.0! Nice page quality on that one as well! (thumbs u

file0206.jpg

Great copy you got there! And oh man, I bet you got it for a deal when you got it. The grader must have been a rookie - or an old man on some drug. lol

That is a 7.0 and it looks like a 7.0! Nice page quality on that one as well! (thumbs u

I'm sure I paid $300.00 at the time,,,

I think the dealer downgraded the book because of the name penciled on the cover..

At the time I think it was considered a big defect..

I lucked out on this one :cloud9:

file0206.jpg

I'm sure I paid $300.00 at the time,,,

I think the dealer downgraded the book because of the name penciled on the cover..

At the time I think it was considered a big defect..

I lucked out on this one :cloud9:

I would say - amazing deal!! Your sure did! Nice! And sure there is a name on it which might annoy some people but its on the top neatly positioned - not on the main part of the cover which would be a annoying. Not bad, not bad at all.

As for me with my laughable 45. I think I need to seriously upgrade it in the near future. It won't be a 7.0 , but hopefully a 4.0 or 4.5 . :gossip: But I do want to keep my current 45 - even if I upgrade fore I like having an example of the lowest possible grade for a book without it being incomplete! :roflmao:

file0206.jpg

Nice book!! man, I want me a #45.

file0206.jpg

Buying that book has "win" all over it! Who was the dealer, I need to start frequenting them! :devil:

Oh no you don't! Stick to Tec 50 and up!

What am I talking about? This would need to be a 0.7 to be within MY arm's reach! lol

And that had to be a jaw-dropping day when you found out Bat-Hound. MONSTER difference between a 4.5 copy of this issue and a 7.0!!!