• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I forgot to post my recent comicconnect win and I thought I would resurrect the original Detective at the same time.

04a3f470.png

Pretty pleased with the purchase, after all it is a great book

Pretty pleased... PRETTY pleased? That's it?!? Killer book.

I forgot to post my recent comicconnect win and I thought I would resurrect the original Detective at the same time.

04a3f470.png

well the term Grail means very little on the boards

04a3f470.png

well the term Grail means very little on the boards

that book is a grail :sumo:

Well done (worship)

There are bit-torrent sites with pre Bat detectives, Demonoid or h33t have complete runs of detective comics currently with active seeders

Detective Comics (issues 1-859), thats the torrent I found last week, cover-to-cover scans of EVERY book, all packed into CBR files. Those copies are better than my Batman Chronicals for re-prints since they include the ads with the scans.

There is a complete Batman archive torrent out there as well.

Its nice to be able to actually read some of the books I own :)

alright folks, anyone want to check out the cruddy video I am testing my skills at posting (shrug)

:fear:

does it not work?...I can't figure out how to post it "embedded"... nor can I find it when I search on youtube, so maybe the link is wrong?

You have to use the Using HTML and UBB code option when posting the code if I am correct. Worked for me. Out to watch the video now.

thanks...now, how do I get better video quality...I recorded in HD, but sure don't look hi def lol

thanks...now, how do I get better video quality...I recorded in HD, but sure don't look hi def lol

One thing is that the lights were waaaay too low. I have the same problem in my basement with group shots: not enough light results in grainy pics so next time, take the books out of the box :makepoint:

alright folks, anyone want to check out the cruddy video I am testing my skills at posting (shrug)

:fear:

does it not work?...I can't figure out how to post it "embedded"... nor can I find it when I search on youtube, so maybe the link is wrong?

It did work! (thumbs u

One thing is that the lights were waaaay too low. I have the same problem in my basement with group shots: not enough light results in grainy pics so next time, take the books out of the box :makepoint:

was just testing... more light, and out of the box...too much work lol

You might need more light so the camera can pick up more image?

Edit: sorry, saw that Scrooge already pointed that out.

You might need more light so the camera can pick up more image?

might retry it sometime... gotta eat some turkey cereal for breakfast