• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Man... Tec 39 in 1.0 went for $410. doh! Much as a love the cover to this book, I'm thinking it's going to be getting out of reach.

meh

Almost fell off my chair.
I think I sold my 7.5 years ago for like 4250 (mbhighlander owns/owned it after me )

always been a great book

Man... Tec 39 in 1.0 went for $410. doh! Much as a love the cover to this book, I'm thinking it's going to be getting out of reach.

meh

You and me both, boss! Put the presentation of the book to the side, that's still a hefty defect (in my book, at least). But I guess the "magic" of the slab helps mitigate that defect. The only thing I can think of is that this book really doesn't surface all that often so there was some competition on it.

I wonder if it'd be possible to ask the actual bidders to wait 24 hours before bidding so the small fries like me could at least toss a thrill bid on that Tec 27? lol

My wife would never hear the end of it: "Well, I bid on the Tec 27 but was sniped at the last minute. Coulda been a contender!" lol

That 31 coming to auction is a beut.

Very anxious to see what a coverless Tec 27 will go for today.

Also remember my shock at the coverless example that fetched 8K in 2005, a complete bargain in today's time.

meh

You and me both, boss! Put the presentation of the book to the side, that's still a hefty defect (in my book, at least). But I guess the "magic" of the slab helps mitigate that defect. The only thing I can think of is that this book really doesn't surface all that often so there was some competition on it.

$410 is a strong price for a 1.0. :o

Also coming up in the Feb Heritage Auction, another Tec #31.

Tec25.jpg

Ahh the Detroit Trolley copy.. I'm wondering why the consigner has this book up on auction already. This was bought not too long ago at CC

yah, 2.5 that could have been had for $5500 in 2005 on eBay...