• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I've finally got photobucket set up so here are my two pre-robins. The 37 was posted earlier by the previous owner and the 36 is the picture from teh eBay auction. As a Christmas present, my father and I split the cost of it. So, it's mine, but not until December 25.

I have owned and regret parting with Detective Comics 30 GD+ (tape down spine) and Detective Comics 35 VG+ (moderate amateur restoration).

DetectiveComics36CGCPR.jpgDetectiveComics37FRWrongBackCover.jpg

Those are such great stories!

Congrats on posting your first pics! thumbsup2.gif

Ahh very nice copy you have their Sacentaur.. Very nice eye appeal, bright colors, and just a premiere book to own. Looks like it's in FN condition!! Ever thought about having it slabbed? I finally get to see my baby's twin smile.gif Im very happy that I purchased this copy with off-white to white pages!?!? I'm into quality pages alot. Yea, I hate to see the tape and without it, would certainly grade much higher, but I guess it's whats holding the book together. Well, im certainly not going to stop on acquiring more early Detective Comics.

...and 75 degrees in Santa Monica. In other news, they celebrate the work of Bob Kane with "Detective 35 Day" up in the GA Forum.

Great books! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ahh very nice copy you have their Sacentaur.. Very nice eye appeal, bright colors, and just a premiere book to own. Looks like it's in FN condition!! Ever thought about having it slabbed? I finally get to see my baby's twin smile.gif Im very happy that I purchased this copy with off-white to white pages!?!? I'm into quality pages alot. Yea, I hate to see the tape and without it, would certainly grade much higher, but I guess it's whats holding the book together. Well, im certainly not going to stop on acquiring more early Detective Comics.

FN condition? His Detective 35 looks a lot better than FN! cloud9.gif

FN condition? His Detective 35 looks a lot better than FN!

Actually the top staple is reinforced so it would be a purple label book if slabbed (never! never!). One of the handful of restored books I have - the colors and interiors were just too attractive to resist.

All the copies posted today are appealing!

STEVE Got Larson?

Bat-Hound will you send me your Detective Comics 62 signed Jerry Robinson? It has some brothers it should be with.

Nice to know it has brothers but it has to stay with its cousin [ Batman # 11 ] gossip.gif

Can I see the cousin? I don't think I've seen your copy.

Coming in late on TEC 35 day, but just wanted to say its fantastic to see all the copies of this book. Not to mention the other pre-Robin DETECTIVE's...

Wish there was a drool icon...

(Steve: is there any classic cover you don't own in immaculate condition?)

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif