• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

hello all...

good news smile.gif...you mean you are selling me your unrestored, 9.9 Action 1 for our agreed upon price...woo hoo!

rick

edit: I guess since this is a detective thread, I should have said your 9.9 Tec 27 for the original cover price yay.gif

Edited by NewForceComics

This issue is not as scarce than I thought. Here is my slabbed and coverless copies cloud9.gif

File0302.jpg

File0264.jpg

I'm not going to lie. I've oftne thought of picking up coverless copies of the early Joker appearances because the page 1 Splashes on these books are amazing and sometimes better than the cover.

I'm not going to lie. I've oftne thought of picking up coverless copies of the early Joker appearances because the page 1 Splashes on these books are amazing and sometimes better than the cover.

I agree!

Here's one for you. tongue.gif

GarageSale_1158550271_367.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/DETECTIVE-COMICS-45-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, thebigloo is sure getting some nice prices on some of his books. Especially with 2 days left in the auction. Check out his Tec #34 with moderate resto & light tan/cream pages with a hint of brittleness. Graded VF and current bid is at $2,550. 893whatthe.gif If I was selling this book I'd probably get $600.00. mad.gif

Tec 34 on ebay

Wow, thebigloo is sure getting some nice prices on some of his books. Especially with 2 days left in the auction. Check out his Tec #34 with moderate resto & light tan/cream pages with a hint of brittleness. Graded VF and current bid is at $2,550. 893whatthe.gif If I was selling this book I'd probably get $600.00. mad.gif

Tec 34 on ebay

I know what you mean. I sold a Detective Comics 34 Coverless/Missing centerfold on eBay for $150.00 when a few months ago one sold for $350.00.

You never know with eBay.

The books Bigloo has on ebay are amazing. I guess he's unloading a few books for perhaps another big purchase? Or could it be because he has better copies of these books? I'm surprised that the Batman #1 in VG condition either mod. or extensive professional restoration is up at $8500 with 2 days left 893whatthe.gif

I wanted that book too, but it's just too high..

The books Bigloo has on ebay are amazing. I guess he's unloading a few books for perhaps another big purchase? Or could it be because he has better copies of these books? I'm surprised that the Batman #1 in VG condition either mod. or extensive professional restoration is up at $8500 with 2 days left 893whatthe.gif

Restored books sold by reputable sellers seem to sell better raw than in a slab. Ever notice that?

Restored books sold by reputable sellers seem to sell better raw than in a slab. Ever notice that?

Now I do

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The books Bigloo has on ebay are amazing. I guess he's unloading a few books for perhaps another big purchase? Or could it be because he has better copies of these books? I'm surprised that the Batman #1 in VG condition either mod. or extensive professional restoration is up at $8500 with 2 days left

Now I do

Been some mad prices for Batman 1 on e-bay recently.

An extensive professionally estored 3.0 sold for $6,900 on Aug 27th.

Excessive price?

and Bigloo's is probably being priced in accordance with that sale.

Seems to have been a recent phenomena as I bought a PGX 6 moderate professional restored copy for $5,500 in Jan.

Tec 34 on ebay

I think a lot of it has to do with who he is and that he has a lot of great books up at the same time so they attract more bidders. If you were to just put that one book up by itself it may not do as well. IMHO