• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

and here's #9 (one of my favorites; unusual to have a blond protagonist):

detective9.jpg

Outstanding Flessel cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like the blues have faded a bit on your copy. Still a great book though! Have you read it yet, or did you buy it pre-slabbed?

Here's #12. Neat coloring on this one.

Are the colors from the scanner off a touch or are they correct? Here is my very low grade copy:

detectivecomics12cgc1.5.jpg

Looks like the blues have faded a bit on your copy. Still a great book though! Have you read it yet, or did you buy it pre-slabbed

Read a comic? What do you take me for?

Naah... I bought the book slabbed. Maybe I'll ask the others to lend me their copy to read while I'm eating my peanut buitter and Jelly sandwich?

I know, I'm thrilled with this book. There is a minor crease down the middle of the book, if you look from the just to the right of batman's head at the top logo you can see it, otherwise I can't see anything through the case. It looks more like an 8 to me. Likely there are tears or pieces missing in the pages, otherwise who the hell knows? I should ask for the grading notes.

Looks like the blues have faded a bit on your copy. Still a great book though! Have you read it yet, or did you buy it pre-slabbed

Read a comic? What do you take me for?

Naah... I bought the book slabbed. Maybe I'll ask the others to lend me their copy to read while I'm eating my peanut buitter and Jelly sandwich?

Peanut butter and jelly? That's just nuts. Everyone knows that a plate of spaghetti and meatballs is the proper food to eat when reading comics!