• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I need 28, 31 and 33..........I am only concerned with finding the 28 ( unrestored is the challenge )

if an unrestored #28 comes up there is going to be some very serious competition.

I for one will be very much in devil.gif

Bring it on my English friend devil.gif

Too much competition fighting for early Tec books.. blahhh.. Come on guys, there are other GA books with nice covers to focus on.

Like Batman? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, Batman has some great covers... But i was thinking more in the lines of MMC, MFC, etc.

Too much competition fighting for early Tec books.. blahhh.. Come on guys, there are other GA books with nice covers to focus on.

Like Batman? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, Batman has some great covers... But i was thinking more in the lines of MMC, MFC, etc.

sleeping.gif

I'm not sure whether that post was being facetious or not, but as someone who's made a living as a contrarian, I agree 100%. I wouldn't be buying a Detective #28-#37 right now with someone else's money (much less my own).

I'm not sure whether that post was being facetious or not, but as someone who's made a living as a contrarian, I agree 100%. I wouldn't be buying a Detective #28-#37 right now with someone else's money (much less my own).

I couldn't agree more. I will wait till the craze dies and the next one starts (Action War Covers) and pick them up then.

I couldn't agree more. I will wait till the craze dies and the next one starts (Action War Covers) and pick them up then.

Too late.. I'm already sucked in because of the craze... I made that comment because I have a lot of competition who are looking for the same books as I am. Thus, it will make it even more tougher for me to acquire the books I want.

Since some of you guys are looking for an unrestored Tec 28.. Well, here's a link for that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACTION-COMICS-2-July...1QQcmdZViewItem

For such an important auction, you would think the seller would have taken a little more care in writing his description. Makes me question whether it is legit.

I was thinking the same thing.

Since some of you guys are looking for an unrestored Tec 28.. Well, here's a link for that:

For such an important auction, you would think the seller would have taken a little more care in writing his description. Makes me question whether it is legit.

Yea, it is quite suspicious especially for someone who sells mostly VHS tapes on ebay. The price seems extremely high also. But he is indeed a power seller and has 662 feedback.. But who knows if it's legit.

I was thinking the same thing.

That's awin for ya. Atleast they have pictures now.

hello all...

awin is legit, he has both books...he lives about 40 minutes from me, and I have tried for over a year to get him to just sell me the tec 28...but apparently, he will only do as a pair... I won't pull the trigger for fr/gd copies at that price (he is slightly overgraded, but have had it down as low as $10,500 for the pair, I believe)...the 28 is missing bottom left corner and bottom right corner through out the book, likely a fr to fr/gd ...

I am much happier with a restored 8.0 at that price!

rick

hello all...

awin is legit, he has both books...he lives about 40 minutes from me, and I have tried for over a year to get him to just sell me the tec 28...but apparently, he will only do as a pair... I won't pull the trigger for fr/gd copies at that price (he is slightly overgraded, but have had it down as low as $10,500 for the pair, I believe)...the 28 is missing bottom left corner and bottom right corner through out the book, likely a fr to fr/gd ...

I am much happier with a restored 8.0 at that price!

rick

The Detective 28 has one of the defects I hate way too much to consider. I agree, the price seems way too high.

Latest purchases:

Tec33.jpg

Tec36.jpg

Tec37.jpg

Blast you koko, you beat me to that 37 by a day or two. Congratulations. What's the deal with the grease pencil "s" collection anyway? Metro's 33 also has it.

It's funny that I was loking at the #36 and #37 for a long time before finally pulling the trigger. It seems like that there were a lot of us doing exactly the same thing.