• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

What's the scoop with the US Patent reference? Do all books from this era have it?

Fantastic books!

It's funny that I was loking at the #36 and #37 for a long time before finally pulling the trigger. It seems like that there were a lot of us doing exactly the same thing.

THat includes me too.. I've been looking at that 36 and especially the 37 for a while and wondered if I should pull the trigger or not. Oh well, at least I know who it went to. Nice pickup 1koko thumbsup2.gif

What's the scoop with the US Patent reference? Do all books from this era have it?

Fantastic books!

That's where they registered the trademark.

Thanks - still have a big grin on my face a day after receiving them

That's what comics should be about! grin.gif

Hey George...congrats! thumbsup2.gif

I was looking at all 3 of these books recently........but Metro is smart...they accept cash much quicker than looks!

wow, I just send S and V a jpg of me in a one piece, and they throw the books and cash at me!

blush.gifrick

That is a great pickup. Whatever happened to that Tec 35 with the victim totally replaced with a humorous amateur restoration job?

BTW, I just got back my Tec 37 from CGC as a Blue label 1.5, pictures are in the thread somewheres 20 pages back. Love the affordable issues like these.

Ed

Ed please post the CGC version if you could.

Here's the final result.

scan0044.jpg

scan0045.jpg

That is a great pickup. Whatever happened to that Tec 35 with the victim totally replaced with a humorous amateur restoration job?

BTW, I just got back my Tec 37 from CGC as a Blue label 1.5, pictures are in the thread somewheres 20 pages back. Love the affordable issues like these.

Ed

Ed please post the CGC version if you could.

Here's the final result.

scan0044.jpg

scan0045.jpg

hello all..

ed, so you are selling?...saw your book on clink?

rick

Selling in a - every books has a price - kind of way. As opposed to needing the money. I'll give it a month and take it down if it doesn't sell. I like that the book is protected by a CGC case much more than the potential for disaster taking the book out of mylar every so often.

Another benefit of CGC is the temptation to handle the book is much smaller.

Ed

Selling in a - every books has a price - kind of way. As opposed to needing the money. I'll give it a month and take it down if it doesn't sell. I like that the book is protected by a CGC case much more than the potential for disaster taking the book out of mylar every so often.

Another benefit of CGC is the temptation to handle the book is much smaller.

Ed

hello all..

that is cool...I was just curious...nothing wrong with striking while the iron is hot!...

rick

Picked this up from MrBedrock a few weeks ago at Wizard L.A. Very happy with this book...ultra strict grading, very fair pricing, and off-white to white pages (last Clayface!).

100_1820.jpg

STEVE

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif