• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

It's in! What's great about the early Lorna's is that the insides are as good if not better than the covers :cloud9: And, this is another cover that displays how good a GGA artist Hartley could be when he was required to (thumbs u

58138-Lorna-Girl9.jpg.78eaac21e23185e3bf890a14fdfad91c.jpg

That's not a bad looking woman. And she has the capacity to shave her pits in the jungle.

Of course she does. Whattya think that is above her head!

She must be resourceful.

and tough-skinned.

Jack

That's a beautiful Lorna by Hartley -- I do prefer this slightly more realistic style over the most simplistic Archie style. I also like what that he didn't phone it in when he drew the elephant.

That's a beautiful Lorna by Hartley -- I do prefer this slightly more realistic style over the most simplistic Archie style. I also like what that he didn't phone it in when he drew the elephant.

Definitely agree. That's also why I went out of my way to buy this other Hartley cover from the Patsy & Hedy run -

58139-PatsyandHedy30.jpg.b7f28f356946395275e98fd71767ca83.jpg

I am an avowed Atlas War collector but here's something I've never seen: a full page splash inside a story in an Atlas War book. Here's from Mac Pakula in Men in Action # 6. Have you guys seen any other such page? -

58562-MenInAction6Story3Splashs-Small.jpg.6eb44c283af8db36346350e65febe385.jpg

I don't recall seeing one but there's still lots of Atlas war books I haven't read. I do like that splash! (thumbs u

I just changed my avatar for the first time since joining the Boards in celebration for acquiring a mid grade (about 5.5) copy of one of my Atlas grails:

YoungMen24.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by Monkeyman

I just changed my avatar for the first time since joining the Boards in celebration for acquiring a mid grade (about 5.5) copy of one of my Atlas grails:

YoungMen24.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Outstanding :cloud9:(worship):o (thumbs u

YoungMen24.jpg

(worship)

YoungMen24.jpg

Nice color gloss on that copy and a very good read as well. One of my favorites. :applause:

YoungMen24.jpg

Congratulations on acquiring this comic. It's an important book. The attempt to reintroduce Timely/Marvel superheroes was abortive --but in using a single book with three important characters makes it seminal.

Russ Heath and Alex Schomburg! Great books to start out with for your GA collection! :applause:

usually not on top of my want list but got this very cheap and it has a great cover

battlefront26.jpg

:applause: That one is still on my want list (thumbs u

It's on my want list now too. :applause:

I saved this cover in my favorites folder as soon as I saw it!

Mike