• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

A couple of Atlas war books i picked up recently - the cover to War Combat #3 is one of Maneely's best war covers IMHO. Anybody know who did the cover for the Battle #8?

AtlasTales has it as Brodsky (?) - most of the features that would allow you to identify an artist are obscured by the layout so I'd say that's as good of a guess as any.

While I'm known to have an affinity for Nedors, I have a soft spot for pre-code Atlas as well, the war and horror stuff in particular.

Just got word last week that this book should be back to me from CGC soon, in a 9.4 Universal holder. :o:o:o

And trust me, this is no "soft" 9.4, but one of those drop dead gorgeous books that makes you say "I want it" the moment you hold it in your hands.

str1_2937a.jpg

While I'm known to have an affinity for Nedors, I have a soft spot for pre-code Atlas as well, the war and horror stuff in particular.

Just got word last week that this book should be back to me from CGC soon, in a 9.4 Universal holder. :o:o:o

And trust me, this is no "soft" 9.4, but one of those drop dead gorgeous books that makes you say "I want it" the moment you hold it in your hands.

str1_2937a.jpg

Sweet!!! Northford??

str1_2937a.jpg

Amazing book!! Congratulations!! :cloud9:

str1_2937a.jpg

Maybe a 9.6. Stunning copy.

A couple of Atlas war books i picked up recently - the cover to War Combat #3 is one of Maneely's best war covers IMHO. Anybody know who did the cover for the Battle #8?

AtlasTales has it as Brodsky (?) - most of the features that would allow you to identify an artist are obscured by the layout so I'd say that's as good of a guess as any.

Thanks - It doesn't look like it couldn't be Brodsky - so I'll go with that.

str1_2937a.jpg

Sweet!!! Northford??

Yessir! ComicConnect nailed the grade. Best $575 I ever spent. :applause:

My buddy bought a Charlton Ditko cover from the Northford run when Metro first got it.....the gloss was INSANE.....never seen anything like it. That ST must be sweet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My buddy bought a Charlton Ditko cover from the Northford run when Metro first got it.....the gloss was INSANE.....never seen anything like it. That ST must be sweet. GOD BLESS...

The comment I got from the few folks who saw the book raw at Mega-Con was that it looked "wet" and "like it was printed yesterday". So, yes, very glossy. (thumbs u

The comment I got from the few folks who saw the book raw at Mega-Con was that it looked "wet" and "like it was printed yesterday". So, yes, very glossy. (thumbs u

Wow! Beautiful book George! :applause: Congrats on picking up that book. Precodes over 9.0 are so rare. Great cover too!

Incredible copy of the ST 13. These Northford copies are a sight to behold when you have one in your hands. It boggles the mind as to how these books were kept so well preserved considering how cheap the paper stock they were printed on. Here are two copies that I picked up in December from the Connect auction. They aren't 9.4 's but still real nice.

I love to pick up a high grade black cover such as this one. Tough, tough book!!

STR TALES 27

STR TALES 33

So, here are my two Strange Tales Northfords, just back from CGC:

StrangeTales8cgc85.jpg

StrangeTals13cgc94.jpg

I'm unhappy with the # 8. It was an easy 9.0. Besides the tiny stacking rub at the bottom edge (underneath the "M" in month), the book is almost as nice as the # 13. Besides the White Mountain 9.2 (which was a weak 9.2, if you look at the Heritage scan), there are no comparable high grade copies of # 8 out there, so I guess I just have to suck it up and be satisfied with it as it stands.

So, here are my two Strange Tales Northfords, just back from CGC:

StrangeTales8cgc85.jpg

StrangeTals13cgc94.jpg

I'm unhappy with the # 8. It was an easy 9.0. Besides the tiny stacking rub at the bottom edge (underneath the "M" in month), the book is almost as nice as the # 13. Besides the White Mountain 9.2 (which was a weak 9.2, if you look at the Heritage scan), there are no comparable high grade copies of # 8 out there, so I guess I just have to suck it up and be satisfied with it as it stands.

Regardless they are both beauties!!! :headbang: You have to be happy about the grade on the #13!!! That copy is stunning!!! Bright colors!!! Great pick-ups!!!

That ST 8 is definitely a tad undergraded....it must have been graded right after the 13. Those Everett covers look great in low grade....high grade takes them to the realm of unbelievable. What did Comiconnect call that one ? GOD BLESS...

That ST 8 is definitely a tad undergraded....it must have been graded right after the 13. Those Everett covers look great in low grade....high grade takes them to the realm of unbelievable. What did Comiconnect call that one ? GOD BLESS...

I thought CC nailed both grades...VF/NM on the # 8, 9.4 on the # 13.