• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

I go months without adding any Atlas Satire issues and, blam, I luck into 3 this week alone -

The horror/humor themes on the Atlas satire books (and many others including Mad of course) is really appealing.

I've been tempted to look for them myself. My comic buying austerity plan keeps me from it.

I go months without adding any Atlas Satire issues and, blam, I luck into 3 this week alone -

The horror/humor themes on the Atlas satire books (and many others including Mad of course) is really appealing.

I've been tempted to look for them myself. My comic buying austerity plan keeps me from it.

Oh come on, I didn't pay more than $13 for any of the three books I posted but maybe you don't want a missing corner either. I thought I received got deals on these copies. Bidding can be all over the place on these, in particular some issues of Wild.

It's as much about the space as it is about the money. Small house, no basement and unsuitable garage means comic boxes stacked in the corner of the den subject to complaints about size of collection from the Mrs.

Even so, as long as I shed a few books now and then, I allow myself the occasional purchase beyond the few current books i acquire each month.

The latest arrival - underrated Heath flamethrower cover.

MIB2.jpg

It's as much about the space as it is about the money. Small house, no basement and unsuitable garage means comic boxes stacked in the corner of the den subject to complaints about size of collection from the Mrs.

Even so, as long as I shed a few books now and then, I allow myself the occasional purchase beyond the few current books i acquire each month.

The latest arrival - underrated Heath flamethrower cover.

MIB2.jpg

That's a great one. The logo and the white background sort of detract from the overall appeal, but the image is phenomenal Heath goodness.

I agree - no yellow logo background and add a dark night background - and the cover would be a classic.

For me, Heath was the ultimate Atlas war cover artist, what Maneely was to westerns and Everett was to horror. Plenty of great work to go around, but if anyone could be said to own their respective genres, it was these guys.

Battlefront 15 is one of all-time favorites, I'd put it ahead of War 11 for intensity. Nice copy.

Also a fan of the bayonette to the gut covers - pretty much a sub-genre of Atlas war.

Despite finishing my Airboy run today, this rag of a book was probably more exciting than the batch of Airboys I received.

Short lived Atlas series (# 5 here is the final issue), tough to find, in which I think artists brought their A-game.

As a side-entertainment, I am putting up 2 pages from one artist's story and let you guess who it is. No cheating on AtlasTales or the GCD either. It ain't that hard to ID the guy.

NOTE: Anyone has other issues to sell, let me know!!

102582.jpg.9e8ecc7cea7f3ea44b675f8f124c29ed.jpg

102583.jpg.8322b093318cff95108b7f7d36acc885.jpg

102584.jpg.cf290dab8980e0aca823ecdb210568f9.jpg

Despite finishing my Airboy run today, this rag of a book was probably more exciting than the batch of Airboys I received.

Short lived Atlas series (# 5 here is the final issue), tough to find, in which I think artists brought their A-game.

As a side-entertainment, I am putting up 2 pages from one artist's story and let you guess who it is. No cheating on AtlasTales or the GCD either. It ain't that hard to ID the guy.

NOTE: Anyone has other issues to sell, let me know!!

Same guy that did the cover to Battle #29 - Harry Anderson?

Edited by rjpb

Killer cover! :headbang:

Since I was in my Battle Actions for the Everett cover on 25, I pulled out 13 to scan for another example of an Anderson cover -