• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

Most definitely superb work by Maneely in these! :cloud9:

BK_02.jpg

A recent Atlas pickup from a fellow boardie with a plenty of Heath art inside. The cover is credited to Heath in GCD and Overstreet - though it doesn't appear he signed it. While I wouldn't call it a classic cover, I love how busy it is, with all the shooting and brawling going on, and some humorous bits as well like the seeping drunk at the poker table and the guy with his head stuck in the bar.

akid2.jpg

What a nice Father's Day gift! The sweet thing about that particular book is that you get a Maneely cover and multiple Maneely stories inside presenting some of his best art! :applause:

Father's Day present from my wife. We saw it the other day at my LCS and she told me to go up and buy it this morning. :cloud9:

It's lower grade, but I really love these Maneely covers.

BlackKnight1.jpg

Is this a photo? Very nice job!

I always loved the title: FANTASY MASTERPIECES!

As an avid reader of the INVADERS in my youth, I first heard mention of FM in the letter column -- discussing the golden and atom age reprints -- and that got me interested finding some back issues. I ordered a couple of issues from the Comic Sales Company catalog and that led me to become hooked on the pre-hero Atlas stuff! Great title!

Love the Black Knight too :applause:

Today, I read Lorna 2, a book that came in recently. In this issue, Lorna sees and meets Greg Knight for the first time and falls enamoured of the hunk in the jungle at first sight and becomes so distracted as to put them in danger. The characterization is probably meant to be silly but it's waaaay over the top ... but despite the lackluster -script, Roth's art is flat out outstanding. I believe this has now been reprinted in a Masterwork volume and I am glad it's more widely seen now (though I'd love to know how many copies that volume sold but given that Vol. 2 is in the making, well enough. Is it true that these Masterworks sell about 1,500 copies?). I buy them all except this one since I actively collect the issues.

Can't wait for Venus in August!!

Speaking of that, I received the Miss Fury IDW reprint book earlier in the week and, boy, is that another gorgeous book! Folks should go out and check it out.

113346.jpg.6de083d4280d3a415fe8f168a6b8b76c.jpg