• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

I haven't posted anything in awhile. Check out these two 3D issues I picked up at the Balticon. Talk about HTF and they are in beautiful shape with two glasses still attached.

3D Action dated 1954 with a Brodsky cover and artwork.

3D ACTION

3D Western 1954 with a Brodsky cover and Colan and Hartley artwork.

3D WESTERN

Also, picked these 3 gems recently.

ASTONISHING 15

UNCANNY 6

UNCANNY 8

I'm in love with the sci-fi more than the romance but they are both very nice!

:bump:

This thread should never be on Page 3!

I haven't bought an Atlas War in a long time. Here's Battle Action # 2.

I like and dislike getting early Atlas War books. I dislike b/c they tend to go for a little more but also b/c somehow the art is generally "muddled", being colored dark and often the ink lines and the color are off-register and to say the least the artists aren't the best. At the same time, the stories can be fresher in that the well hadn't been drawn upon too many times so that I look forward more to the stories than the art in the early Atlas Wars and vice-versa for later entries.

Paul Reinman always shows favorably in these pages and his story here is not different.

105519.jpg.119222a351d1fee50ceabb9c474c43de.jpg

good bump, Scroogie- I missed the Astonishing the other day and must say the cover has an astonishingly nice tonality with 'thick' feathering that really changes the colors (which have a lot of overlay themselves). Artist? GCD says Ev but I think I see 'the hand' of big Joe... Help!

I like and dislike getting early Atlas War books. I dislike b/c they tend to go for a little more but also b/c somehow the art is generally "muddled", being colored dark and often the ink lines and the color are off-register and to say the least the artists aren't the best. At the same time, the stories can be fresher in that the well hadn't been drawn upon too many times so that I look forward more to the stories than the art in the early Atlas Wars and vice-versa for later entries.

I tend to like the middle period -- late precode and early code -- but Atlas put out so darn many of them that there are great books throughout 50s.