• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Here's my nominee for the toughest Atlas of them all!

gc3a.jpg

Well, I'd call it a Timely as it is a pre-Nov 1951 book, but I'd agree that it is a damn hard book to find in any grade (if anyone has a copy for sale let me know... I'd definitely pay above guide for a copy to finish my run). Also, Gunhawk #17 Oct 1951 took forever to verify.

The toughest Atlas (Nov 1951-Jul 1961) book would appear to be Mille the Model #42 (if it exists). I've been able to document the existence every regular* Timely/Atlas book except for that issue... I have no idea why it is so hard to find (unless it doesn't exist which would then explain things).

* Note: I'm also still trying to nail down the first 12 issues of the Adventures of Big Boy promo comic produced by Atlas.

That's not the first time I've lost sight of the Timely-Atlas boundary; thanks for the heads-up. I can't help you with your needs, but you'll be the first to know if I see anything.

Here's another I can't identify. Any thoughts on the artist? I feel as though I should know him. Whoefver it is, I admire his style!

ba13.jpg

The first thought that came to me was "that's classic pre-code Harry Anderson".

But you've got me a little hesitant after my Spellbound fubar. crazy.gif

In any event, I love the cover!!!!

Adam:

Thanks for the validation. I have it attributed to Anderson, but something about it makes me think someone else may have a hand in it. Regardless, I, too, think it's a winner!

And now, in the truest spirit of the season, a few more Heath war covers.

Merry Christmas to all!

bg13.jpg

cc12.jpg

warad4.jpg

...and a Happy New Year!

This issue sports a nifty Heath cover, as well as a Heath story, which includes this highly detailed and, I'd be willing to bet, accurate catalog of a WWII GI "food kit" and "escape purse"::

mia3.jpg

mia3a.jpg

...and a Happy New Year!

To you as well.

Thanks for posting -- another cool cover made even cooler by the blood on the bayonet. That's not something you would see once the Code came into effect.

Great cover!

Heath trivia -- Heath did the coloring for that cover, along with some of his other Atlas comics.

Thank's for posting the pics in an easy to access manner.This is one COOL thread.It never ceases to amaze me how cheap most of those Atlas war books are.This is one of the only ways to ever see many of them.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif